1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4910 - Astronaut Elmo

Discussion in 'Season 49' started by Phillip, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4910 - Astronaut Elmo
    HBO Premiere: Saturday January 19, 2019

Rosita, Elmo and Abby pretend to be astronauts and use their imaginations to go into space. With help from Chris, they figure out which "space tool" to use to fix their ripped spaceship.

This episode features a street story from Season 46, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Astronauts") and Elmo the Musical ("Pizza the Musical").

[​IMG]

If you saw "Astronaut Elmo" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Really the only thing to talk about is the new Amazing Adventure. I liked how it had a conflict that involved the solar panels having to be fixed.

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I knew at some point they would start doing repeats of the HBO-era stories.

4. OscarandTelly

OscarandTelly Well-Known Member

Its more practical for them to do reruns from seasons 46 or 47. Seasons 39 to 45 the set was different and the older cast members were still there. Don't get me wrong I love the episodes from those years. But I'd rather just see the actual episode instead of a remade shortened hacked to pieces version made into a "new" episode.

5. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

I agree completely. It is a little weird to see characters like Maria, Luis, Gordon, Gina, Leela and Mando, etc. when they're sort of long gone. Don't get me wrong. It's great to see all the classic characters again, but using them in repeats just don't work. Besides, the format of the set was too different. The character voices have changed over time. Yet they add new material to the repeat episodes for the opening and closing scenes with the new set and it probably confuses the heck out of kids. Hopefully, from this point forward they'll use the eps from just a season or two when they play repeats. That would probably make more sense.