Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4903 - Hey! Sesame Street News!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4903 - Hey! Sesame Street News!
HBO Premiere: Saturday December 1, 2018

Cookie Monster is a journalist for Abby and Big Bird's newspaper, "Hey! Sesame Street News!" He solves the mystery of Chris' missing belt buckle by asking the five "W" questions: who, what, where, when and why. Guest star: Keegan-Michael Key

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Brussels Sprouts") and a new Elmo's World ("Newspapers").

If you saw "Hey! Sesame Street News!" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I really liked how Cookie Monster was able to figure out what happened to Chris' belt buckle. I also liked how everyone jumped when they heard "Hey! Sesame Street News." The bit with Keegan Michael-Key was funny. They seemed to have made some improvements to Monster Foodies. When Cookie and Gonger go to the food place, they sing a song. And they have footage that shows why they are holding a tablet: To record the person explaining how the food is made. I liked seeing a picture of Snuffy in EW. I also liked how Mr. Noodle's brother was using a broom like a guitar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This story was a little more engaging, albeit it's a plot device that has been used very, very, very often in kids shows - for decades: wanting to make your own newspaper.

Some of the elements of the story were reminiscent of older SS, such as the running gag of the newspaper's name being "HEY! Sesame Street News." The Five Ws rule was a nice touch, and I like how Big Bird and Abby took their newspaper so seriously, and having Cookie Monster be their journalist would have been interesting if Frank was performing him, considering that was Frank's original goal in life. Nice little cameos by Jen Barnhart, Julie, and Herry.

Keegan-Michael Key's insert was really fun, if only to see him as on the real SS, after all those times he played Gordon in those SS skits on MADtv.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, if the story had more room to breathe, it would've been just fine. And hey, Herry! People like that guy!

The bit with KMK was good; I wish it had a punchline instead of the shoehorned "N is for newspaper" thing. And what happened to the music? It was in the YT version they posted earlier this week.

Monster Foodies is the same. Though, I do like the touch of seeing them outside the truck once they reach their destination. Helps sell the illusion (a little) that they're actually at the place.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Keegan-Michael Key's insert was really fun, if only to see him as on the real SS, after all those times he played Gordon in those SS skits on MADtv.
I might be alone in this, but I really want to see him become a regular cast member. I mean, it'll never happen but c'mon, he'd be great!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I thought it was funny that they gave the two-headed monster and Mr. Johnson a role in the skit. Then all sorts of them come for a newspaper. I think it would've been more funny with Grover.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I thought it was funny that they gave the two-headed monster and Mr. Johnson a role in the skit. Then all sorts of them come for a newspaper. I think it would've been more funny with Grover.
Actually if they pulled that off and have Mr. Johnson see Grover get frustrated over not getting the newspaper...it would be an ironic laugh given their history.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Actually if they pulled that off and have Mr. Johnson see Grover get frustrated over not getting the newspaper...it would be an ironic laugh given their history.
Well, that is true. I would've never thought of that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Hey! Sesame Street News!" premieres on PBS this Monday September 9. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.