Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4901 - When You're a Vet

What do you think of the new Abby’s Amazing Adventures segment?

• Abby’s Amazing Adventures is a major improvement over Abby's Flying Fairy School

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Street's 49th season officially begins this Saturday on HBO with an all-new episode at 9 am eastern, 8 am central. New episodes are scheduled to air on Saturday mornings through July 2019. The Season 49 episodes are slated to air on PBS stations across the country beginning September 2019 after the season concludes on HBO. Sesame Street episodes will also be available on-line via HBOGo (requires cable or satellite) or HBONow (requires a monthly subscription). A free 30-day trial of HBONow is also available.

Season 49 features:
  • A curriculum focus on "Learning Through Play," as the characters learn about different jobs through games and creative activities.

• A new animated segment starring Abby and Rudy in "Abby's Amazing Adventures". They travel beyond Sesame Street to visit fantastical locations and take on “missions” themed around different careers.

• Guest stars include: Tiffany Haddish, Keegan Michael Key, Blake Lively, Chance the Rapper, Amanda Seyfried, Zoe Kravitz, Questlove, Bill Nye and Solange Knowles.

• This is the first season Peter Linz will perform Ernie.
After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

If you've seen Sesame Street Season 49, please like this post.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4901 - When You're a Vet
HBO Premiere: Saturday November 17, 2018

Abby and Elmo play veterinarians. By using their eyes, ears and hands, Abby and Elmo figure out what's wrong with their pretend patients and help them feel better. (Guest: Tiffany Haddish).

This episode features an all-new street story, the premiere of Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Veterinarians") and an all-new Elmo's World ("Dog Walkers").

If you saw "When You're a Vet" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Like I said before, I'm done expecting much from these new episodes.

Story felt wonky and ended kind of abruptly. I guess it was nice that they actually treated the cow as Gladys, and not some generic other cow name. It's never not nice seeing Slimey and Snuffy tho.

I never liked those "Kindness Cam" things and I see we're getting a "Plan the Play" equivalent now. K.

The new Abby cartoon is...cute, I guess. Feels much more didactic than Flying Fairy School (and a lot less funny too).

And the new EW scenes look like they're filmed differently than the other parts, which is a little distracting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really got a Dora vibe from the new Abby cartoon.

Other than that . . . I think Shane summed up the story very well. It almost felt like they weren't sure what direction to go with it, and just strung it along as they went.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
A Sesame premiere on a Saturday? Now that's something I can get on board with.

ssetta

Reaction score
That new Abby segment needs to go.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It took some setting up of an HBO Go account, but I finally watched the episode. The best part of the street story was the return of Gladys and Ryan's performance as Elmo trying to one-up Abby. The replacement for Kindness Cam is a little odd. The new Abby segment is okay. I don't know how I feel about the Basket character, but it was cute how she hit her head on her way out. They cut out the last "Smarter, Stronger, Kinder" in the closing song which is interesting.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It took some setting up of an HBO Go account, but I finally watched the episode. The best part of the street story was the return of Gladys and Ryan's performance as Elmo trying to one-up Abby. The replacement for Kindness Cam is a little odd. The new Abby segment is okay. I don't know how I feel about the Basket character, but it was cute how she hit her head on her way out. They cut out the last "Smarter, Stronger, Kinder" in the closing song which is interesting.
You don’t have HBO anymore?