Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4834 - Surfin' Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4834 - Surfin' Sesame Street
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 7, 2018
PBS Premiere: Tuesday August 7, 2018

When Alan can't go on vacation, Elmo, Grover and Chris surprise him by bringing the beach to Sesame Street.

This episode features a new street story, Smart Cookies ("Relaxing on Pecan Sandy Beach") and Elmo the Musical ("Beach the Musical").

If you saw "Surfin' Sesame Street" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A fun episode. Once again, Grover kind of stole the show with his cluelessness (which almost seems a tad Flanderized anymore), but Elmo did a wonderful job of recreating a beach for Alan, and the beach song sounded very much like something you would expect from The Beach Boys. Liked the use of Smart Cookies at Pecan Sandy Beach, and also enjoyed the 12 rap as well.

Very enjoyable.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street was pretty good. I liked seeing the Count and how the pictures of his vacation, which was caves were completely dark. I also really liked the song, I'm glad Sesame is putting effort into the music for the street stories now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Surfin' Sesame Street" premieres on PBS this Tuesday August 7. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

This episode aired on HBO only one month ago on July 7, 2018.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"Surfin' Sesame Street" premieres on PBS this Tuesday August 7. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

This episode aired on HBO only one month ago on July 7, 2018.
Interesting. This might be the shortest space they've had between the PBS and HBO airings (not counting the Autism Awareness specials). And didn't the episodes used to be weekly when they re-aired on PBS like they were on HBO?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. This might be the shortest space they've had between the PBS and HBO airings (not counting the Autism Awareness specials). And didn't the episodes used to be weekly when they re-aired on PBS like they were on HBO?
Since this is Season 48 premiere week on PBS, four of the five episodes this week are new. In following weeks, there will usually be one new Season 48 episode on PBS, typically each Monday.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Why is PBS airing the 48th season so early?
I wondered about that too because I didn't think PBS would start airing season 48 until November. Maybe they figured a lot of viewers just didn't want to wait nine months. Heck, I often have the same problem. Lol.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is PBS airing the 48th season so early?
HBO began airing Season 48 two months earlier than usual due to the Thanksgiving episode which aired in November 2017. Consequently, this allowed PBS to start the season earlier as well after their obligatory nine month waiting period ended.