Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4827 - The New Old MacDonald

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4827 - The New Old MacDonald
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 26, 2018
PBS Premiere: Thursday August 9, 2018

Old MacDonald's animals don't want to sing their song anymore because it's always sung the same way, so Nina and the gang figure out how they can sing it differently.

This episode features an all-new street story, Fifth Harmony singing "That's Music", Murray Has a Little Lamb ("Music School") and Elmo's World ("Instruments").

Please Note: "The New Old MacDonald" will be available on HBO Go and HBO Now as normal. However, due to HBO's broadcast of the Royal Wedding on Saturday May 19 in Sesame Street's normal time slot, this episode's broadcast premiere is delayed until Saturday May 26.

If you saw "The New Old MacDonald" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Meh.

It's weird to me that they had Jen doing the sheep instead of the Gladys puppet, but whatever. And Simon Soundman was seen for like two seconds at the very beginning. Did they plan to actually use him? It's weird to me that they'd go through the trouble of putting him together for a silent, background, very brief cameo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? That seems suspiciously odd that SW would go to the trouble of having a character whose specific shtick is an auditive-based gimmick for a basic silent "Oh, hey, *Insert Obscure Character Name* appeared!" Then again, I myself if I were watching current SST episodes wouldn't have noticed that little detail either.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was nice to see Marty's Old MacDonald again. I think the last time we saw him was Season 40. I also liked the animals and Alan making different sounds due to Abby's spell.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Meh.

It's weird to me that they had Jen doing the sheep instead of the Gladys puppet, but whatever. And Simon Soundman was seen for like two seconds at the very beginning. Did they plan to actually use him? It's weird to me that they'd go through the trouble of putting him together for a silent, background, very brief cameo.
Rully? That seems suspiciously odd that SW would go to the trouble of having a character whose specific shtick is an auditive-based gimmick for a basic silent "Oh, hey, *Insert Obscure Character Name* appeared!" Then again, I myself if I were watching current SST episodes wouldn't have noticed that little detail either.
Hey, wait a second. What a missed opportunity!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The New Old MacDonald" premieres on PBS this Thursday August 9. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
"The New Old MacDonald" premieres on PBS this Thursday August 9. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.
I missed Simon's appearance? I saw it but missed about the first five minutes, but from what I'm hearing here, I didn't seem to miss that much. :stick_out_tongue: