Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4821 - Shape Hunt

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4821 - Shape Hunt
HBO Premiere: Monday April 9, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday April 9, 2018

Everyone on Sesame Street is getting ready to play Shape Hunt. Both teams get a list of shapes and have to look closely around the street to find them. When the teams have difficulty finding shapes on their list, Julia helps by finding them in places no one else thought of.

This episode features a new street story from Season 48, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Maple Syrup") and a new Elmo's World ("Shapes").

Beginning with Season 46, HBO acquired exclusive first-rights to broadcast Sesame Street episodes. PBS broadcasts these same shows nine months after their HBO premiere. In order to help more children with autism, this episode aired jointly on HBO and PBS on Monday April 9, 2018. Check local listings for air times for PBS and HBO. This is the first Season 48 episode to air on PBS.

Autism currently affects 1 in 68 children. Sesame Workshop has an official website for children and parents who are dealing with the challenges of autism.

If you saw "Shape Hunt" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Finally I get to comment on a season 48 episode since today's aired on both HBO and PBS. I'm guessing this was done because of the focus on Julia in this ep. (Same with last season's 'Meet Julia.') I thought the episode was really good. I enjoyed the Food Truck segment as well. Nice to see Gonger outside of Furchester Hotel, maybe he'll start appearing in street scenes at some point too. You never know.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I don't watch a whole lot of newer stuff nowadays, but eh, decided to give this one a watch since it was on PBS.

It was fine. Was kind of surprised to see a rhombus among the common shapes (circle, square, etc.). The entire street scene I kept thinking, "Where's Telly? He would have aced this." And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who gets reminded of Jack Black when Alan's team finds the stop sign. :laugh:

I also liked Cookie's tempting hunger when finding the circles, especially with the clock. He's got that "Who, me?" kind of response when Abby asks him if he ate it: "Cookie, did you eat that circle, too?" "Maybe...."

And yeah, Gonger sounds a lot like Baby Animal.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've been very curious as to how they can incorporate Julia more and this, along with those new web videos, proved to me that they can easily find great things for her to do.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The entire street scene I kept thinking, "Where's Telly? He would have aced this."
Well, I think that's the problem. That might have given his team too much of an unfair advantage.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. They manged to show how Julia can notice things that others don't without directly mentioning her autism. The Foodie Truck bit was fun. I liked Cookie thinking Maple trees don't really give syrup. I liked Ryan's voices for the shapes in the new EW.