Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4814 - Chinese New Year

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4814 - Chinese New Year
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 17, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday February 4, 2019

It's Chinese New Year on Sesame Street! To learn how some people celebrate the holiday in China and around the world, Nina helps Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Cookie Monster and Grover build their own dragon costume. (Guest: John Legend).

This episode features an all-new street story, John Legend and the Muppets singing "We Come Together", Super Grover 2.0 ("Cross That Bridge") and a new Elmo's World ("Celebrations").

If you saw "Chinese New Year" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I just kind of had this on in the background for noise today, I didn't really pay that much attention to the actual episode. :smirk:

And I will say I honestly can't tell if Caroll or Eric was voicing Oscar today.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I liked it well enough. The Dragon Dance song was pretty catchy and Grover was easily the best part (I liked the visual gag that the sticky note stuck to his hand read "Stick To Your Goals"). And yes, that was Eric as Oscar.

John Legend's song was probably the longest they've done since they did this new format and it was pretty nice. As much as I like the big brassy songs, I'm glad they find time for slower ones.

Wasn't expecting to see SG 2.0; they've seen be doing exclusively Cookie Monster formats this season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was Eric. The best of the street story was the Dragon Dance song. It had some funny moments like Grover acknowledging the musical number. The song with John Legend was good. Although, I wish we got a solo from Zoe. We haven't really heard Jen singing a full verse as Zoe yet. I liked Big Bird, Ernie and Bert's cameo in EW. I also like that Smartie's grandfather is a crank phone.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Chinese New Year" premieres on PBS this Monday February 4. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.