Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4811 - Kitty Kindness

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4811 - Kitty Kindness
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 27, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday October 8, 2018

There's a lost kitten on Sesame Street. While Chris and Elmo put up signs to try and find its owner, Grover and Cookie Monster help look after it and learn how to take care of a kitten.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Avocados") and Elmo's World ("Cats").

If you saw "Kitty Kindness" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was alright, I guess. Felt very similar to the "Super Sitters" one from last season, right down to Stephanie playing the poor creature the monsters take care of. Liked the in-joke to Frankie Biondo, though.

Foodie Truck was pretty funny this time.

And an older EW (with Barkley!). Not much to comment on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, we got a street story with Cookie Monster and Grover, and minimal Elmo involvement - how can we go wrong? It was enjoyable to see Cookie and Grover attempt to sit the kitten in their own, enthusiastic, childlike manner, only for Chris to have to repeatedly show them the errors of their ways; the perspective shot of Cookie and Grover closing in on the cat for a hug was a really nice cinematic touch. Whod'a thunk the kitten actually belonged to a dog? But, this is Sesame Street - why not? I do feel like the ending was cut too short though: Elmo finds the owner, they're reuninted, the end.

I will say that it was nice that Gonger spoke a little more coherently in Monster Foodies this time around - it was easier to understand him. That being said, I don't think I've ever had a tuna sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and especially avocado, but hey, why not?

I see they've gone back to not counting the individual cookies for NOTD. Oh well.

And wow, an old EW! With an Eric Jacobson tiger that sounds exactly like Grover!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the street story was pretty funny. If only because of the Dumb and Dumber dynamic between Cookie and Grover. The Foodie Truck segment was funny. I liked Cookie's attempt at opening the avocado. Also Rosita dressed as a cat in the bookends was very cute. Finally all 7 of the core characters got to do a cold open.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Seeing Cookie monster and Grover out on the street in the main storylines makes me realize the totally missed opportunity they had from 1980 to 2000 when Frank was mostly only doing inserts with his characters. We really should have had more of Grover and cookie in the spotlight in the 80s and 90s but I'm glad we have them now and Im glad they have different performers so they can interact.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. If I recall, the original intention of Dave performing Cookie rather than Eric was to allow them to interact more, but during that time Frank was available to perform either, so those opportunities were kind of missed, but now that's getting more and more doable.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Kitty Kindness" premieres on PBS this Monday October 8. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.