Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4729 - Big Bird's Big Move

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4729 - Big Bird's Big Move
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 22, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday March 19, 2018

Freddy Flapman, real estate agent to birds, tries to convince Big Bird to migrate away from Sesame Street. Guest: Lin-Manuel Miranda.

This episode features a street story from Season 40, Super Grover 2.0 ("Underwater Bowling") and a new Elmo's World ("Habitats").

If you saw "Big Bird's Big Move" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember this one when it first aired, that was the week I had to fill in for Shane reviewing new episodes for the Mindset.

The one thing I find odd about including this as a repeat is the inclusion of Maria, after she officially retired from the show, and by way of having her name removed from the end credits altogether; I didn't think seeing Maria again - even in a repeat - would be a possibility like with Bob, Gordon, Luis, and others.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I remember this one when it first aired, that was the week I had to fill in for Shane reviewing new episodes for the Mindset.

The one thing I find odd about including this as a repeat is the inclusion of Maria, after she officially retired from the show, and by way of having her name removed from the end credits altogether; I didn't think seeing Maria again - even in a repeat - would be a possibility like with Bob, Gordon, Luis, and others.
Well, there's still repeats with Leela and Mando, but they're not credited anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't realize. The departure of the older cast members was so public.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Elmo and a bear, (that was John Kennedy right?), was fun. I was really impressed how they handled the Number of the Day being zero. It gives me hope that by next season, the new Letter and Number of the Day songs will be permanent. I liked Big Bird and Oscar appearing in EW, and how the Noodle's home looks like with snow. The end with Elmo getting excited about the fact that Big Bird's staying was funny. "Elmo's fine, Elmo's just gonna lay down for a while."

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Skimmed through the story, so don't know what was cut. Some thoughts:

-Use of random bear instead of, say, Baby Bear. I guess since Baby Bear lives in a cottage, he can't speak about habitats.

-Nice to see a variant on the Number of the Day song with 0 cookies.

-I'm sure kids won't notice, but what sense does it make having Big Bird in his old nest area, then "moving back" to his new one? Kids won't notice, as I said, but the point of the set changes was that kids would notice and remember these locals.

The cold open with Elmo and a bear, (that was John Kennedy right?), was fun."
Tyler.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
-I'm sure kids won't notice, but what sense does it make having Big Bird in his old nest area, then "moving back" to his new one? Kids won't notice, as I said, but the point of the set changes was that kids would notice and remember these locals.
I almost think they're under-estimating kids attention spans and eyes for details, because honestly, I'm just as nitpicky as a kid as I am as an adult, and the constant switching back and forth of the previous set and the current set would have driven me batty.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm excited. We're finally getting closer to the introduction of a certain new character. The episode is supposed to air in two weeks. And the character is supposedly going to be in three episodes in a row, so hopefully he/she is interesting. Also, Julia is supposed to make another appearance this season, so we should be seeing her sometime next month as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What new character? I haven't heard of any new characters this season other than Julia, and Muppet Wiki has no info that I can find.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was taken down temporarily so they can make their own announcement about it, knowing what a primary source for news the Wiki can be.