Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4722 - Rocking Rollie

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4722 - Rocking Rollie
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 3, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday March 5, 2018

Rosita and Zoe build their own baby-rocking machine to help rock baby Rollie's cradle so their arms won't get tired.

This episode features an all-new street story, Super Grover 2.0 ("The Acorn") and Elmo's World ("Building").

If you saw "Rocking Rollie" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't like the new Oscar puppet in that thumbnail. I just don't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was interesting to see Wolfgang, ugh, I mean Rollie again (for the first time?) today. . . .

Nice little touch of mild slapstick with Chris repeatedly being sprayed no matter where he was standing.

I'll give Jen this, she's improving somewhat with Zoe's inflections and mannerisms, but the voice still needs work.

Not a bad episode - nothing to write home about, though.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I don't know how it happened, but we're three episodes in with Jen's Zoe, and she's already making me laugh. I loved her nonsense talk and Rosita saying to her, "Pull it together". Also, did Stephanie play Mrs. Crustworthy in this episode? It didn't sound like it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hm. So, I guess now that Zoe is no longer Elmo's best friend, she hangs out with Rosita more now. I actually prefer them better without Abby. Abby always seemed kind of shoehorned into their group just because they had so few girl characters. But these two are a good pairing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Zoe hasn't been Elmo's best friend since . . . well, since they brought Abby onto the show . . . and really, that was intentional: they needed Abby to ride Elmo's coat tails so he could bolster her star power, because apparently other female Muppets such as Zoe or Rosita managed to reach the level of star power than Elmo had.

At the same time, Zoe and Rosita (and Abby) have been hanging out a lot more since around Season 40 or so when they were trying to put more emphasis on gal pals so little girls watching could have characters they and their friends could relate with.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Rocking Rollie" premieres on PBS this Monday March 5. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.