Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4720 - Wild Animals Stop for Lunch

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4720 - Wild Animals Stop for Lunch
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 20, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday April 2, 2018

Snuffy helps out in Hooper's Store when zoo animals come for brunch. He has to figure out a way to remember everyone's order. Guest: Audra McDonald.

This episode features a street story from Season 44, Super Grover 2.0 ("Wedge End is Up") and a new Elmo's World ("Restaurants").

If you saw "Wild Animals Stop for Lunch" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ehh, I kind of had this one just playing in the background and didn't really pay that much attention to it - it seemed enjoyable enough, but the only thing I can say is I'm glad I didn't watch this as a kid, because as nitpicky as I was (and still am, admittedly), the switching back and forth of Hooper's design would have wigged me out.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That sort of bothered me too. I understand part of the changes they made was to better cement the Muppets with certain locals, so if they're trying to make the changes memorable, it's gonna stick out when the street looks different.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This is the first time since season 45 that we got a street story that doesn't have one of the core characters. I liked the cold open with Elmo pretending to be a waiter for stuffed animals. I really liked Grover and Mr. Johnson's appearance in EW. The ending was interesting, cause it had the same characters from the street story but the monkey didn't talk, because obviously Joey left.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Wild Animals Stop for Lunch" premieres on PBS this Monday April 2. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.