Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4719 - House of Worm

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4719 - House of Worm
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 13, 2017
PBS Premiere: Tuesday November 21, 2017

Abby helps Turner the Worm build a place that feels like home.

This episode features an all-new street story, a "House of Cards" spoof ("House of Bricks") and a new Elmo's World ("Homes").

If you saw "House of Worm" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So who is Turner?

Aside from that, this was another street story that felt like it captured the spirit of older street stories; I thought it was done well enough, and it didn't feel too rushed, nor did it feel like filler padded out for time.

I must also point out how much I loved Marty's performance as Frank Underwolf: sounded like a spot-on impression of Ned Beatty.

And one of the big highlights of this episode? The fact that the Number of the Day song actually took the time to count out the individual cookies for a change. Think SW has caught onto our critique?

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And one of the big highlights of this episode? The fact that the Number of the Day song actually took the time to count out the individual cookies for a change. Think SW has caught onto our critique?
Either that or parents/educators complained about it during test screenings.

I still don't see why they didn't do that in the first place. The Count's song did it with the stomping thing. I don't know who on the staff thought that the letters and numbers of the day should just be a random mascot for the episode, rather than something for kids to actually learn about.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was well paced in some places, but in the middle there, it was just "Is this a home? No. BOOM Onto the next one!" But, it was pretty funny and I like seeing Jen get a lead role.

I certainly wasn't expecting to see the House of Cards spoof, but they've been surprising me sometimes. When I find out the theme of the show, I guess what thing they'll use and couldn't think of a "home" one.

And interesting that they actually counted in the NOTD bit.

Another, more minute criticism - why not use the "H is for Home" bit from 2009 as the LOTD segment, since it's actually all about the letter H, and then swap places with the other film and make that one not "about" the letter H.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was pretty good. Jen gave a good preformance as Frankie, and it was nice to see Pam play her aunt. I liked Oscar's cameo in EW, and the fact that Smartie came in using the door. I'm not too wild about them adding kids voices to transition to Elmo's game. I hope it's not permanent.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was well paced in some places, but in the middle there, it was just "Is this a home? No. BOOM Onto the next one!"
The Letter of the Month Club episode from Season 35 had a similar problem.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
So, I was watching the episode on HBO Max today, and it was slightly different from the guide on Muppet Wiki:
  • The 2009 “H is for Home” segment was moved to immediately after the 2017 “H is for Home” segment.
  • The House of Cards sketch was replaced with Smart Cookies: The Snickerdoodle.
  • The 5 Trucks cartoon was omitted entirely and the episode just cut from Salty and Pierre to EW.
I don’t know for sure why it’s different, but my theory is that after the Kevin Spacey allegations came up, Sesame Street decided to remove the segment parodying his show and restructured the episode to fit the time constraints.