Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4717 - Bike Show with a Beat

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4717 - Bike Show with a Beat
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 29, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday February 5, 2018

Nina and her friends make musical instruments out of bike parts to help them make music and attract customers to her new bike shop. Guest: Little Big Town.

This episode features an all-new street story, Super Grover 2.0 ("Pulleys") and a new Elmo's World ("Instruments").

If you saw "Bike Show with a Beat" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Despite being something of a Bottle Episode, it was enjoyable enough. Maybe they should have clarified that Nina had bought the Bike Shop, or that it was a grande re-opening, because it's been there for a few years now for it to be a grand opening.

Does Telly not play the tuba anymore? I kept expecting him to mention the tuba when he's rambling about what real musical instruments that make real music are.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I understand the "kids can watch these in any order or whenever so continuity isn't an issue" thing, but I dunno; they could've just made this more vague. Nina could've just been throwing a party to drum up business, not "grand opening." And if they're going with that, why not air it earlier in the season when we've already seen her working there?

Whatever. Since Telly's more of a rarity now, it's nice to see him featured so prominently.

Florence and the Egg Makers? Well, at least the jokes when they left were good.

I was 100% expecting to see a Murray Had a Little Lamb, but was surprised with the SG piece.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This street story was interesting. I liked the line, How does she play with no lips? Beautifully, were you not listening? I'm guessing John Kennedy played the AM. The song with Little Big Town was fun. Smartie playing Elmo's Song was cool.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
The way they handled this episode was totally wrong in my opinion. Acting as if Nina was opening up a brand new bikeshop. It was there in Season 45 and was run by Luis. So why couldn't they just start the episode with Nina stating it was her first day working at the bikeshop (I know they did another bikeshop episode with her this season, but it was obviously taped after this one) and when Abby came by she could have been confused that Nina was there and asked where Luis was. Nina could explain that he sold the bikeshop to her. It would have been great. An honorable mention of a long time cast member, and it would have brought closure and proper continuity to the whole situation.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The way they handled this episode was totally wrong in my opinion. Acting as if Nina was opening up a brand new bikeshop. It was there in Season 45 and was run by Luis. So why couldn't they just start the episode with Nina stating it was her first day working at the bikeshop (I know they did another bikeshop episode with her this season, but it was obviously taped after this one) and when Abby came by she could have been confused that Nina was there and asked where Luis was. Nina could explain that he sold the bikeshop to her. It would have been great. An honorable mention of a long time cast member, and it would have brought closure and proper continuity to the whole situation.
Yeah. I was expecting a mention of Luis as well. I hope HBO isn't thinking we're going to forget about him and the other long-time SS cast members.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. I was expecting a mention of Luis as well. I hope HBO isn't thinking we're going to forget about him and the other long-time SS cast members.
Again, this has nothing to do with HBO. It was all the decision of educators, and the show's writers and producers. Still though, with them still repeating episodes of the show with the original cast members, it seems like it wouldn't hurt to mention them sometimes.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Bike Show with a Beat" premieres on PBS this Monday February 5. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.