Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4714 - Painting with Cookie Monster

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4714 - Painting with Cookie Monster
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 8, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday November 13, 2017

Cookie Monster learns how to control himself from eating his own paintings.

This episode features a street story from Season 44, Super Grover 2.0 ("Fruit") and a new Elmo's World ("Painting").

If you saw "Painting with Cookie Monster" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This was an amusing little episode; Cookie seems to have forgotten that he knows all about painting:

Other than that, I love how fantastic and realistic Cookie's paintings were turning out, meanwhile nobody seemed to notice or be interested in Alan's amateurish painting of a bowl of fruit - much to his frustrations.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open and the ending were funny. I loved Grover falling after holding the globe and Cookie grabbing the painting of a cookie and Elmo and Grover trying to stop him. Once again, I have evidence that the current EW is better than the old one. Smartie saying Elmo captured her good side and calling Elmo Michaelang-Elmo.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Skipped through the repeat stuff, as per the usual. The street story was about three minutes shorter than the original airing, though I didn't compare to see what was cut.

I'm getting a little tired of these "Letter of the day" films, though. Like, P for Painting. Why not have the kids paint P words? They're just using the letter as a transition to the film and not really using the films to teach the actual letters. The number stuff works better, but the new Number of the Day pieces are sort of the same way - we don't learn to count to 18 in the Cookie song, we just see a number and a bunch of cookies and have to infer that's 18 cookies in the oven.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The number stuff works better, but the new Number of the Day pieces are sort of the same way - we don't learn to count to 18 in the Cookie song, we just see a number and a bunch of cookies and have to infer that's 18 cookies in the oven.
Is that not what I basically said 14 weeks ago?