Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4712 - Big Bird's Song

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4712 - Big Bird's Song
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 25, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday November 6, 2017

Abby and Elmo help Big Bird calm down so he won't be nervous singing on the show, "The Squawk". Guest: Sia.

This episode features an all-new street story and a new Elmo's World ("Songs").

If you saw "Big Bird's Song" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

zhelder

Reaction score
While no new-school Sesame Streets can compare to even the worst episodes of the Jim Henson era, I thought this was the best HBO-era episode yet. The street story was great and had high production values, the Sia S-song was catchy (but was that clown nose CGI?!?), and I even liked the animated Abby Head and Shoulders, Knees, and Toes song. The bubble-gum emo 20 song/animation from a few years ago is one of the better new-school number sketches, and the Latino 20 sketch was really good. (Was that Pitbull, Fat Joe, or a really good bootleg?) Even the new Elmo's World was tolerable (although that smartphone reminds me of a Romper Room puppet).

All in all, a great episode for this day and age of Sesame Street. And the teaser for next week's episode featured a talking ball taking a #2. Should be another good episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I liked the street story; plenty of Big Bird and nice to see Snuffy along for the ride. And Biff and Sully!

And I dig the fact that they're loosening up a little on using more shorter segments, but...could we maybe vary them up a little? Going from a song featuring Abby to...a song sung by Abby to...another song sung by Abby. Throw in Grover or Rosita or something else, sheesh.

Nice to see that Clothesline song again too; they haven't used in an episode since season 41.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like Pig's Laundry said recently, #MyHBOIsFlawed, because once again, it wasn't on today, and it sounds like I missed a good one.

Maybe I'll catch it later On Demand or something.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. It was nice seeing the return of Biff and Sully. Sully was even referred to by name. The use of a The Voice parody was fun. And seeing Snuffy is always fun. The song with Sia was catchy. I liked that they briefly brought back Elmo's Song in EW. I guess Steve Swanson and JD Hansel will be very happy to hear that Mr. Noodle does in fact have a poodle.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And I dig the fact that they're loosening up a little on using more shorter segments, but...could we maybe vary them up a little? Going from a song featuring Abby to...a song sung by Abby to...another song sung by Abby. Throw in Grover or Rosita or something else, sheesh.
Yeah, that was my problem with the bathtime episode. All of the segments were enjoyable, but it was just one Elmo song after another.
Like Pig's Laundry said recently, #MyHBOIsFlawed, because once again, it wasn't on today, and it sounds like I missed a good one
hehe, #MyHBOIsFlawed. Should've known that would come back to bite me in the butt. I want to find a reason to use it on a regular basis, even if it makes no sense in the context.
I guess Steve Swanson and JD Hansel will be very happy to hear that Mr. Noodle does in fact have a poodle
Ah, yes- Mr. Noodle, Mr. Noodle, and Mr. Noodle's poodle named Schmoodle.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
It was nice seeing an actual Big Bird storyline. That's something the show tends to really lack these days.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, for being part of the main six, Big Bird hasn't gotten many episodes about him.