Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4708 - Snuffy's Dance

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4708 - Snuffy's Dance
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 25, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday December 4, 2017

Zoe choreographs a ballet and the dancers have to work together to figure out how to make Snuffy fly through the air. Guest: Jason Derulo.

This episode features a street story from Season 43, Murray's People in Your Neighborhood ("Bollywood Choreographer") and a new Elmo's World ("Dancing").

If you saw "Snuffy's Dance" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not much to comment on. I didn't watch the street story fully, so I don't know what they cut; it was trimmed about 20-ish seconds compared to the original airing, so it's probably no big deal.

I wish they'd focus on which letter/number songs they're gonna use. Why use the Elmo one in the same episode as a Cookie one? I don't get when they plan on using these.

I guess the Jason Derulo song was alright; a lot of their celebrity stuff has been so short lately, so it's nice to see one that's a little longer. I know kids like fast-pace things, but I don't see how making songs so short affects that. Don't they like music?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't they like music?
Only tweeny-bop music like Taylor Swift and crap like that. :stick_out_tongue:

Is it just me or did Snuffy's voice sound a lot like when Marty first started playing Snuffy and was kind of doing more an imitation of Jerry's Snuffy? Either way, all of the attempts at trying to lift Snuffy were amusing - I was half expecting to see them resort to using balloons, since that's a plot that's been used numerous times before in the past whenever they made attempts to lift Snuffy.

So . . . were the new Letter/Number songs made specifically just for the first couple of episodes of the season and that's it? Because they keep reverting back to last season's songs. On that token, again, they've recycled an older EW at least once so far this season, which begs the question why they didn't just reuse the original Dancing episode instead of making an entirely new one. Either way, 47 has been a rather headscratching season so far.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open and ending with Elmo and Snuffy were fun. I fast-forwarded the street story since it was old, but I noticed the ending was extended so that was cool. The Jason Derulo song was cool and catchy especially with Ryan and Leslie's awesome harmonizing. I liked Zoe's cameo in Elmo's World and the ending where Elmo takes a pause before he says "dance."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The cold open and ending with Elmo and Snuffy were fun.
Yeah. That reminded me of Baby Sinclair being thrown in the air and saying "Again!" Even though Kevin doesn't perform Elmo anymore, I can't help but wonder if the writers had that in mind when they wrote that scene.