Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4706 - Elmo's Sweet Ride

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4706 - Elmo's Sweet Ride
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 11, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday September 25, 2017

Elmo shares his scooter with Zoe and learns how to be patient and wait for his turn while she practices and learns how to ride.

This episode features an all-new street story, Cookie's Crumby Pictures ("Les Mousserables") and a new Elmo's World ("Sharing").

If you saw "Elmo's Sweet Ride" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was good. I liked Elmo's song about riding a scooter. We even got a Honker in the foreground, for gosh sakes! Jen really is doing a great job with Zoe. It was nice to hear her do her catchphrase "Don't joke me". The cold open was funny. It was nice to see Telly do Monster on the Spot again. The most interesting part of the new Elmo's World for me was that instead of the Noodle Family, it was their dogs. My only problem is that they used the old Letter and Number of the Day songs, presumably because Jen's Zoe improved in between that time and they didn't want kids to be confused. To me that's a problem, because kids would be getting used to the new ones and they might wonder why the songs are different.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was surprised to see the old Letter/Number songs too, but I doubt Zoe's presence was a factor at all; kids won't pick up a difference with only four words she sings.

Again, this seems like two stories mish-mashed into one: Elmo learning the scooter and taking turns with Zoe. Still, nice to see a Honker in action again and it's nice we're getting Telly/Oscar so often. It's a shame the most we've gotten of E&B is an animated cameo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I too didn't understand why they suddenly switched to last season's Letter/Number songs as well, but I think the real highlight for me for this episode was the insert with Two-Headed Monster adding up 14 animals.

Other than that . . . ehh . . . still not used to Jen's Zoe yet. Gonna take some time.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I'd almost suspect this episode was held over from season 46 or something. I mean, why else would they throw in the Crumby Pictures and Two-Headed Monster skits on top of last year's Letter/Number segments?

Also, Jen's Zoe voice sounded rather jarring in this, but she sounds good in the little bits I've heard elsewhere. I don't really care that much for Zoe to be honest, so the voice difference doesn't irk me as much as it should.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ya' know what I don't get? They keep saying that they do less parodies and such because kids get the lessons better through a storytelling lens.

So, what's the deal with using EW again? Those have no plots. Yeah, there's a theme, but it's just one thing to the next. There's no story there. ETM had plots and story; why dump those?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ya' know what I don't get? They keep saying that they do less parodies and such because kids get the lessons better through a storytelling lens.

So, what's the deal with using EW again? Those have no plots. Yeah, there's a theme, but it's just one thing to the next. There's no story there. ETM had plots and story; why dump those?
My impression is they dropped it to cater to a younger audience. I don't fully understand it, the show seemed to be doing just fine before, but all the recent changes seem to be trying to get back that younger demographic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way I understood it, they were doing away with parodies because kids don't get them, and they were (supposedly) doing away with celebrities because kids don't know who they are, and all of this was the result of research showing parents don't watch with their kids anymore.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I finally am able to see some of the new ones, because they're up on YouTube, at least for the time being. I wonder (nasal voice) how long it's going to last?

If you've seen "The Nanny" you'll get that.

My only problem is that they used the old Letter and Number of the Day songs, presumably because Jen's Zoe improved in between that time and they didn't want kids to be confused. To me that's a problem, because kids would be getting used to the new ones and they might wonder why the songs are different.
Yeah. I noticed that too, but I don't think Jen's Zoe made that much of a difference since you didn't hear her voice too much in the song. I notice a difference in her voice in the street scene, but it's good that she still has her old catch phrase. Jinkies!