Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4705 - Having a Ball

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I always remembered the first month of Season 30 sort of alternating between "Shoes" and "Hats" on a weekly basis, before adding "Dancing" and "Jackets" to the roster, then later the others ("Food," "Books," "Music," "Water," "Transportation," and yes, "Balls") about halfway through the season, then "updating" the episodes during summer repeats.

I guess I'm wrong, but that's clearly how I remembered it, because, surprisingly, EW is one of the main things that really brought me back into SST after the whole ATC era sort of disenchanted me.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I like that they are trying to throw in classic forgotten characters like Harry even if it was a silent brief cameo.
Well, we know for a fact that Herry will be coming back next season, so I'd almost want to think of it as foreshadowing! :smile:

Garrett

Reaction score
Actually, Elmo's World "Balls" was the first Elmo's World segment to air back in 1998. Sesame Workshop aired the segment for five days in a row during premiere week.
In fact, during the first 5 weeks of the 30th season, the same Elmo's World segment was shown 5 days in a row. However, when the episodes from the first 5 weeks of Season 30 reran during Summer 1999, some of the Elmo's World segments were replaced.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I brought that up a few posts ago.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I always remembered the first month of Season 30 sort of alternating between "Shoes" and "Hats" on a weekly basis, before adding "Dancing" and "Jackets" to the roster, then later the others ("Food," "Books," "Music," "Water," "Transportation," and yes, "Balls") about halfway through the season, then "updating" the episodes during summer repeats.
"Balls" was first, "Shoes" was second.

Actually, for the first part of season 30, the exact same episode of Elmo's World would be shown in all five episodes of the week (they also did that with Blue's Clues at the time), I remember that eventually before the season ended they stopped that and would show multiple different episodes throughout the week. Can't remember when, exactly (maybe after all ten produced for the first season had aired?), I wonder if I could find out if I look at the Muppet Wiki episode guides (don't really know off-hand if MW has pages for all season 30 episodes, let alone full info on each episode including what EW was in each).

When I first heard that "Balls" was included, I wondered if it was the original or a new segment (last week's episode had a new "Babies" segment, which was a topic in the old EW, but I also saw that this season has aired an old school EW segment, so the original EW is still part of the show in addition to the new format).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well I knew that Peter was doing him,I just didn't realize he was going to do anything with him. Now if only we could get Forgetful Jones back.
Well, Matt confirmed in one of the most recent Below the Frame videos that Peter will officially be taking over the character, so...yeah!