Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4705 - Having a Ball

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4705 - Having a Ball
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 4, 2017
PBS Premiere: Wednesday September 20, 2017

When Saul the Ball is disappointed that he can't play ball with Elmo and Rosita inside the house, Elmo and Rosita help him use his imagination to play other games.

This episode features an all-new street story, Super Grover 2.0 ("Prickly Problem") and Elmo's World ("Balls").

If you saw "Having a Ball" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was fun. Peter Linz gave a great performance as Saul. Ernie and Herry made quick silent cameos. This was the first episode of the season that didn't give us a Kindness Cam segment. Was the street story a little longer because of it? I couldn't tell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really wasn't expecting much from this episode since it took place mostly in Elmo's apartment, but it wasn't too bad. Not exactly a gold-standard episode, but I'd say pretty standard nonetheless.

Really, my favorite part of this episode (aside from the curious inclusion of a real old-school EW) was the Trip-Hop 3 animation - that was awesome.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe talking balls are the new spastic fairy tale characters.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Quaint, to say the least. Peter was great as the ball and the song was pretty catchy. Nice to see Herry run by and Ernie in Hooper's. Remember Ernie?

I expected them to use that SG bit, but I didn't expect to see that EW.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really, my favorite part of this episode (aside from the curious inclusion of a real old-school EW) was the Trip-Hop 3 animation - that was awesome.
Actually, Elmo's World "Balls" was the first Elmo's World segment to air back in 1998. Sesame Workshop aired the segment for five days in a row during premiere week.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I like that they are trying to throw in classic forgotten characters like Harry even if it was a silent brief cameo.