Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4703 - Abby Helps Clear Things Up

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4703 - Abby Helps Clear Things Up
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 21, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday October 2, 2017

Abby helps Prince Charming calm down so he doesn't feel anxious at the Eye Doctor's office.

This episode features an all-new street story, Murray Has a Little Lamb ("Little Vet School") and Elmo's World ("Doctors").

If you saw "Abby Helps Clear Things Up" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Is that Eric doing Prince Charming? Cause it sounds like him.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Is that Eric doing Prince Charming? Cause it sounds like him.
It's Tyler Bunch. This was an interesting episode. For one, it's the first time since the 7 character focus that the street story didn't have Elmo (which is a good sign), and they showed an episode of the old version of Elmo's World. I'm gonna have to ask Matt on Facebook who played the grouch doctor in the cold open.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering Ken Scarborough is the new head writer, and used to be one of the head writers for ARTHUR in its first few seasons, this episode reminded me of the ARTHUR episode where Arthur got glasses for the first time.

But that's where the similarities end; this otherwise felt like it had a nice, older/traditional Sesame vibe to it. Ironically, the thing I liked the best was the extent of Charming's vision problem: his looked like genuine near-sighted vision, the blurring was just right - often it seems like when simulated blurred vision in fiction, it's still clear enough to make details out, and looks more like watch 3D without 3D glasses.

Also, was it just me, or did the Prince Charming Muppet seem to be a psuedo-caricature of Prince? I just kinda got that vibe.

Other than that, with the inclusion of Murray Has a Little Lamb, as well as an older EW, I almost feel like this episode was intended to be part of Season 46, or got held over, or something.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not a hold over. As I've said, they're still gonna re-run Murray stuff even though Joey is gone and they've said they'll continue using the older EW segments as well as the new ones.

There wasn't really much of a story to this one, but it was quaint. The gag with the pineapple was probably funnier than the entire last season, which is good. Even the "law school" thing was good. I'm glad they're actually having fun with the new format now.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Also. I love how it had telly and oscar at the beggining end. That's a duo that they haven't used in a while and so far they've been in 2 episodes in a row. Hope this means they're back as a team. But does this mean baby bear is being phased out?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For one, it's the first time since the 7 character focus that the street story didn't have Elmo (which is a good sign)
Fantastic that they finally didn't feel the need to shoehorn Elmo into this one. I honestly can't remember the last time Elmo's been absent in a street scene.
Also. I love how it had telly and oscar at the beggining end. That's a duo that they haven't used in a while and so far they've been in 2 episodes in a row. Hope this means they're back as a team. But does this mean baby bear is being phased out?
Well they've kind of demoted Baby Bear already, ever since season 45, but we do know he'll be in the next season in 2018.
I'm gonna have to ask Matt on Facebook who played the grouch doctor in the cold open.
No doubt that was Jen Barnhart.
Considering Ken Scarborough is the new head writer, and used to be one of the head writers for ARTHUR in its first few seasons, this episode reminded me of the ARTHUR episode where Arthur got glasses for the first time.
He's not the only writer who wrote for Arthur. Looking at the list of writers for this season, it looks like there's a lot of new people; and several of them have written for Arthur.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I never heard her do that voice before.
Well, she hasn't done very many grouch voices before. But, to me it sounds similar to her other characters like Cleo from Between the Lions and the Jane Lynch Muppet from the Glee parody, except it's more gruff than those.

Last edited:

Garrett

Reaction score
I wasn't even expecting the old Elmo's World to appear at all this season. This must be the first Season 47 episode to feature an old Elmo's World segment.