Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4702 - The Kindness Kid

What do you think of the revamped Elmo's World?

• Total voters

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The "Kindness Cam" thing will be in other episodes, I don't know if it'll be in each show.

It didn't come off redundant to me, but I can see why you'd think so - given the theme of "kindness" was abundant in the story, it made sense to close the show with the message. Other episodes won't focus as much on the theme, so they probably won't be as redundant, as you say.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I liked that the street story used Grover as a major focus, in one of his best forms: just wanting to be helpful for others, even if he doesn't do too good a job at it - that's classic Grover.
I agree. But I couldn't help hoping that Fat Blue would make an appearance. Though I liked that they expanded on the street story and even finishing it at the end of the show like they did in the old days, even as recently as season 34. I look forward to seeing more of that.

As for the new Letter and Number of the Day segments, while I like this season's songs better than last seasons, I feel like the Number of the Day wasn't as well executed as last season: at least last season, Count would stomp out the number of the day; this season, however, Cookie pulls a tray of cookies out of the oven and that's it. I feel like it would be more beneficial to kids to count the individual cookies to find out what the number of the day is. But that's just me.
Yeah. I know what you mean. I was thinking about that too. But I wonder how it's going to play out when they do smaller numbers for the number of the day, like one or even zero. I wonder how the cookie scene will play out there.

He only does the voice. The reason I pointed Matt out was because in the bit with Tracee Ellis Ross, Caroll did Big Bird's voice and Matt did the snoring and it didn't sound like the way BB always snores. But here it sounded pretty good.
I really don't know why Matt would have been needed for that actually, they could have just used an earlier recording of BB's snores. Just my opinion there.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really don't know why Matt would have been needed for that actually, they could have just used an earlier recording of BB's snores. Just my opinion there.
I didn't think Big Bird's snoring was that important.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The "Kindness Cam" thing will be in other episodes, I don't know if it'll be in each show.

It didn't come off redundant to me, but I can see why you'd think so - given the theme of "kindness" was abundant in the story, it made sense to close the show with the message. Other episodes won't focus as much on the theme, so they probably won't be as redundant, as you say.
I'm not even talking about the kindness theme, I'm just saying if both "Kindness Cam" and the closing tag serve a very similar - if not the same - purpose, then it seems likes having both is unnecessary and just one or the other would suffice.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm saying they ended up being similar because of the kindness theme. If another episode is about counting to 10 or whatever, the closing tag would be about that.