Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4615 - Birdie and the Beast

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4615 - Birdie and the Beast
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 16, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday March 20, 2017

Big Bird makes up a fairy tale about a bird named Birdie who helps a Beast learn how to be a good friend. Also featuring Elmo the Musical-Prince Elmo. Brought to you by the letter F and the number 0.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "Birdie and the Beast" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
*sighs* Unfortunately, as of Thursday I no longer have HBO. Too bad,this was one of the episodes I was really looking forward to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This was perhaps the best episode of the season so far. In fact, it seemed a lot like Episode 4038 from Season 34, only Big Bird knew where he was going with this story.

I'm glad that we actually had some actual scenery for a change instead of more of the chromakey and CGI (though there was some for obvious visual effects and such), and funnily enough, the set design for the Beast's castle looked like something out of a Sid & Marty Krofft show. I loved the design of the Beast puppet, and overall, Big Bird's story felt very much in spirit of what SST has always been about: teach through humor and entertainment, because that's what this episode was - very humorous and entertaining. Birdie and Beast's song about friendship was also very catchy, and certainly an improvement over much of the songs this season that felt like a jumble of lyrics crammed into mediocre melody. I also loved the twist ending where Beast had always been a beast, the witch's spell just messed up his hair real bad. And the closing song taking a swipe at Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST was also a kick, lol.

That said, it was really sad listening to how Caroll just can't reach that high a level of voice for Big Bird anymore, but I'm just thankful that Caroll's still involved with the show in general, even if he's on the sidelines now like Jerry was for the last few years or his life.

And lemme guess . . . John Kennedy was Beast? Care to confirm, Shane?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I though it was a good episode, I like the parody of Disney's Beauty & The Beast.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very good. Tyler did a good job as the Beast. There were funny lines and a fun parody of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Also, is this the first time this season in which ETM was shown in it's entirety?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh. I used to be so good at determining who performed who. This is what happens when you have to go for years without seeing SST regularly, and losing an ear for this stuff.