Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4608 - When Dinosaurs Walked Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4608 - When Dinosaurs Walked Sesame Street
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 27, 2016
PBS Premiere: Thursday September 15, 2016

Elmo, Chris, and their friends on Sesame Street have dressed up as dinosaurs. With help from Elmo's book, they learn that there are small and big dinosaurs, some dinosaurs are herbivores and some are carnivores and that Big Bird is a dinosaur. Also featuring Jurassic Cookie parody and Elmo's World-Dinosaurs. Brought to you by the letter D and the number 15.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "When Dinosaurs Walked Sesame Street" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not really much a plot to this one, but it was nice to see more Muppets on the street than previous episodes. It's great that characters like Prairie, Snuffy(!) and Big Bird got their own songs, but it's too bad Bert and Ernie were just silent cameos. Nice job recasting a staple of the show you don't really use on the show anymore, SW!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was nice to see Snuffy for the first time this season, and we get to see Stephanie sing for the first time as Prairie Dawn. Still, I'm disappointed that Ernie and Bert didn't get a line. There was a little goof where you can see Billy underneath Ernie during the last shot of the street story. Do we know if Ernie and Bert are appearing in more street stories this season? Anyway, next week's episode stars Telly, so that's something to look forward to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The street story was cute enough, I liked all the different little customs everyone was wearing (Abby's was a little too good, I almost thought she was a little dinosaur Muppet at first till I realized it was her in a costume).

The running gag of when the gang would march through frame whenever someone says, "when dinosaurs walked Sesame Street," felt very classic and traditional to the types of running gags the show is known for (like a dramatic music button whenever somebody says something, and someone else asking where the music comes from).

I notice there's somplaints about Ernie and Bert not speaking - well, neither Telly or Rosita got to speak either.

Prairie looks like she's now a darker shade of pink. Is she? And what about Big Bird? He looked like he was green-screened into the part where Chris points out in the book that birds are related to dinosaurs.

Still, it was a fun little episode.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Y'know,this may be a bit of an unpopular opinion but the more I hear The Count's number of the day song,the more I love it.

Speaking of The Count,I wonder if he's in any street scenes this year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Neither the Letter of the Day or the Number of the Day songs bother me too much, though they're clearly very contemporary-sounding, but then again, much of SST's music and songs reflected the times, such as all the disco songs they did in the 70s, or the totally tubular songs of the 80s, or even how they did MTV-esque songs in the 90s.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The current music director Bill Sherman adds a sort of modern broadway contemporary sound, while Mike Renzi was more of a classic broadway showtunes kind of guy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Neither the Letter of the Day or the Number of the Day songs bother me too much, though they're clearly very contemporary-sounding, but then again, much of SST's music and songs reflected the times, such as all the disco songs they did in the 70s, or the totally tubular songs of the 80s, or even how they did MTV-esque songs in the 90s.
I'm conflicted by them. They're catchy, they're not bad songs at all, I rather do like them and all. The only real problem I have with them this season has to do more with the timing of the episodes. As in, the songs are the only reference to the letter and number of the day (but I've been over that a lot). The only tiny thing that I wish they could have done was to make 2 or 3 different letter and number of the day songs and have them alternate.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Nice to finally see Snuffy appear in the new season. Always good to see my favorite character. It's a shame that Ernie and Bert didn't have any lines from what I'm reading on this thread. Hopefully Snuffy, Ernie and Bert appear more often.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think the only Muppets who didn't appear Zoe, Count, & Oscar.