Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4607 - The Best Friend Band

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4607 - The Best Friend Band
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 20, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday December 5, 2016

Elmo and Abby learn how to compromise and combine their two favorite songs, creating the Best Friend Song. Also featuring "That's Music" song with 5th Harmony, Murray Has a Little Lamb-Music School and Elmo's World-Violins. Brought to you by the letter M and the number 5.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "The Best Friend Band" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What season is EW Violins from? I actually don't remember it. At all. But this just reminds me of how I'd really like to see Lindsey Stirling as a guest on the street sometime.

Anyway, the street story was okay - not much to talk about it, it seemed inevitable that Elmo and Abby (both of whom actually sounded kind of off in this episode) we going to run into problems when trying to play and would need lessons in compromise to work those problems. I will admit I though Elmo's choice in a piano was unexpected, because it seems like in street stories involving music or bands, he usually goes with drums; Abby could certainly rock it on her little guitar though.

And for those of you who find Elmo and Abby's friendship forced and contrite, that was perhaps cranked up to eleven where they constantly refered to each other as "best friend" throughout the story.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And for those of you who find Elmo and Abby's friendship forced and contrite, that was perhaps cranked up to eleven where they constantly refered to each other as "best friend" throughout the story.
Grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open was pretty funny. The street story was alright. Ryan and Leslie's performance was hysterical when even Elmo and Abby were arguing, they still referred to each other as best friend. The Fifth Harmony song was fun. It was nice that they brought back Murray Has a Little Lamb. I hope that someone will take over Murray so at least that segment can continue. And so Murray could actually do something other than be in group scenes.

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
What season is EW Violins from? I actually don't remember it. At all. But this just reminds me of how I'd really like to see Lindsey Stirling as a guest on the street sometime.

Anyway, the street story was okay - not much to talk about it, it seemed inevitable that Elmo and Abby (both of whom actually sounded kind of off in this episode) we going to run into problems when trying to play and would need lessons in compromise to work those problems. I will admit I though Elmo's choice in a piano was unexpected, because it seems like in street stories involving music or bands, he usually goes with drums; Abby could certainly rock it on her little guitar though.

Elmo's World Violins was from Season 38 in (2007). First Appeared in Episode 4140, The Tutu Spell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm surprised I don't remember that, considering Season 38 was the last season I got to watch regularly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I usually do, and I think "Best Friend" was muttered mostly passive aggressively... well...

Either they've been doing it long enough, Ryan has better chemistry with Leslie, or adding tension to the characters' relationship... any combination of them, it actually...worked this time. I totally believed they were friends between the last 2 episodes (caught last weeks' on the rebroadcast). It's far less awkward than before, when it was clearly done for merchandising purposes. I do indeed think Zoe and Elmo are the better pairing, but I've yet to see Jennifer and Ryan perform the characters together to see if that keeps up.

While this episode wasn't exactly dull, it really was spiced up with Oscar and Grover. I'm loving Oscar popping up and commenting on things from where ever now. No longer do they have to take the action to the Trash Can or have Oscar randomly walk outside of it. I don't have much else to say that I haven't already (lack of the obvious segments, Elmo being forced at the end of the show still). The street story had decent enough pacing and didn't feel as rushed as some of them were.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay, today I was finally able to watch this episode and I was surprised by how hilarious Abby and Elmo were together. I really enjoyed this episode.

Loving that we're seeing Oscar so much recently. And also, Chris really has become the new Gordon, hasn't he. And is anyone else noticing that the past couple of seasons the writers seem to have really toned Chris down a bit.