Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4605 - Funny Farm

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4605 - Funny Farm
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 7, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday November 14, 2016

Elmo, Abby, and Alan help Grover think like a farm animal so he can throw the perfect party for farm animals. Also featuring Super Grover 2.0-Needle in a Haystack and Elmo's World-Farms. Brought to you by the letter F and the number 3.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "Funny Farm" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
OK episode but, was just more like a filler episode. Lost idea to use Gladys.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yeah. This episode was just okay. I liked seeing Oscar pop up in a trash can other than his own. I'm looking forward to the next episode cause it has Slimey, who we haven't seen in a while.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. This episode was just okay. I liked seeing Oscar pop up in a trash can other than his own. I'm looking forward to the next episode cause it has Slimey, who we haven't seen in a while.
How did you find out that Slimey is in it? I don't see any info about what characters are in it besides Abby and Elmo.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
And now, the review sesamegirl has been waiting for, Funny Farm! Is the episode funny, or will it make me wish I was on a farm with no HBO? Let's find out, shall we?

The episode starts with the cold open, featuring Elmo (in a surprising 5 episode wait) making animal sounds. I don't remember anything about it except for a goose honking in Elmo's ear, which did make me chuckle.

And now the street story. This is one of those street stories that teaches a moral in addition to the subject of the episode. In this case, it's putting other's interests before your own. Case and point, Grover makes the farm animal party he's throwing much akin to a human party, with pizza and a disco ball. Which of course drive the animals away. Where the farm aspect comes in is that they learn about what farm animals like to eat and ride on (something I didn't know I had to know). I will admit I laughed at Grover getting pizza on his face and his attempts at pony rides (especially when they jump on Alan). No wonder this episode is called funny farm, I'm already laughing. That said, why is the Sesame YouTube channel heavily plugging the cover of Old MacDonald at the end of the episode. I mean, there's a lyric video and everything.

And now the letter of the day. It's F. Like with Mucko Polo, there isn't a letter segment or even a "letter" segment. Just a film. It's as boring as the average "letter" segment, but since they don't shoehorn the letter of the day, it's not as infuriating.

Like with Bedtime Story (and unlike literally any other episode of the series), the short-form segment actually comes between the NOTD and EW. However, since these are the only 2 episodes like this, I'm just gonna do the same thing as my Bedtime Story review and just put it between the LOTD and the NOTD like any other episode. Anyway, it's a Super Grover 2.0 bit, yay! It's the one where he uses a magnet to attract a sheep's knitting needle in a haystack. I chuckled at the beginning when he found the sheep's other needle (the one not in the haystack), but the running gag where Grover finds other things and the animals they belong to thank the magnet was kinda annoying (I really felt Grover got what he deserved when he finally found the needle and the sheep thanked him). I enjoyed the bit for the most part, but it's a shame it's the only one they play the entire season (don't worry, there's more in season 47).

The number of the day is 3 and we get nothing, moving on.

And now for Elmo's World. Naturally, it's the one about farms, and I think I see their formula when it comes to these EW edits. They pretty much cut out everything between Elmo asking a baby to the cartoon (and starting with next season, they edit out the cartoon as well). That said, I really won't have much to say in the part of my reviews where I talk about EW, as every episode is pretty much the same. Maybe I'll point out something in it I enjoy, but this episode doesn't really have that (except the part in the cartoon where the boy tries to dig up concrete to plant alfalfa, that was chuckle-worthy).

The street story and SG 2.0, along with parts of the cold open and EW, really live up to the name of the episode being funny. That said, the rest of EW, as well as that film about eggs in the middle of the episode, were boring. All these pretty much bring the episode to a 7/10. Enjoyable at most times, but some parts aren't.

Now, if you expected me to review Valentine's Day next, then you'd be wrong. I will actually be reviewing The Best Friend Band next. Why? You see, I am going to go out of order when it comes to holiday episodes so I can review them around the time of the holiday they're about. If you want to see my review of Valentine's Day, hope you can wait until February.