Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4603 - Grover's Street Safari

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4603 - Grover's Street Safari
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 23, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday October 31, 2016

Grover takes Elmo and friends on a Sesame Street Safari and they pretend to be all of the wild animals they see. Also featuring Cookie Monster's Smart Cookies-The Fancy Schmancy Dinner and Elmo the Musical-Cowboy. Brought to you by the letter S and the number 5.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "Grover's Street Safari" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great seeing a Grover storyline, and with Mr. Johnson too. Commenting on the pacing of the story is redundant, but at least they got a comedy 3 in with their examples. Love the Warthog puppet here. Nice of them to dig out an obscure animal puppet for the sake of plot. And a perfect Grover sketch ending with Mr. Johnson being hauled away.

And loving Smart Cookies. You can really tell where their budget ended up this time. Those Animal Cracker puppets couldn't have been cheap. I'd be amazed to see how they'd use those again, cuz you know they will.

And it's painfully obvious they haven't worked out the half hour timeslot yet. Elmo the Musical was butchered to fit the runtime. Unlike EW that desperately needed copious amounts of editing and still could carry the same impact, ETM is now pretty...well... incomprehensible and impossible to follow.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was fun. Matt Vogel does a good job with Mr. Johnson. I was worried they weren't gonna use him after Jerry's passing. Who played the monkey? The Smart Cookies bit was funny. I liked when the people got stuck with jelly just like the animal crackers.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Darn I overslept but, no worry I have western HBO. Also I saw bits of the episodes on Youtube they reused a lot of older puppets for this one.