Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4602 - Mucko Polo, Grouch Explorer

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4602 - Mucko Polo, Grouch Explorer
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 16, 2016
PBS Premiere: Wednesday September 14, 2016

With Mucko Polo (Alan Cumming), Elmo, Abby, and Oscar use their five senses to explore and search for the grouchiest things on Sesame Street. Also featuring Grover finds a pyramid and Elmo the Musical-Guacamole. Brought to you by the letter E and the number 6.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "Mucko Polo, Grouch Explorer" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The format here was a slight touch different than the first one.

This one was a much better street story than the standard Abby and Elmo teach behavioral conditioning episode before it. Oscar's in it. That's a win for me. Alan Cumming was comfortable in this setting, which is also a great thing for a Sesame Street guest star. The Marco "POLO!" running gag, I like was intentionally annoying. And we got to see Grover and Mrs. Crustworty too. It really feels like one of the engineering episodes from a couple seasons ago. But at least the trial and error was done pretty funny here.

We had no letter segment outside of the Letter of the Day song to fit in the thing about the off the coast of Queensland film. Everything outside of the street story in the episode was reused, which is pretty much to be expected. The number six thing was uninspired. And instead of a show segment, there was the Grover and Elmo explorers sketch. Then an edited ETM rerun.

mr3urious

Reaction score
We had no letter segment outside of the Letter of the Day song to fit in the thing about the off the coast of Queensland film. Everything outside of the street story in the episode was reused, which is pretty much to be expected. The number six thing was uninspired. And instead of a show segment, there was the Grover and Elmo explorers sketch. Then an edited ETM rerun.
So that means they're alternating betwenn EW and EtM?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was fun. Puppeteer Frankie Cordero made a cameo at the beginning, Elmo coughing after eating the cookie was funny. Stephanie makes a good Mrs. Crustworthy. Also, my DVR caught a preview of next week's episode, and Matt Vogel takes over Mr. Johnson! Here's the episode:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aaw man,I missed it,I overslept :sleep::cry:
Luckily I have HBO's West Coast feed too.

This episode was okay. The street story felt rushed, but it maintained a lot of the show's sense of humor, like Drtooth poinetd out, the Mucko POLO running gag being intentionally annoying very much in Sesame spirit. Is it just me, or did it sound like Alan was talking funny in this episode? And is Nina supposed to be Leela's replacement too? I'm surprised we're still having Elmo the Musical . . . hasn't the hype over musicals kind of died down in recent years?

But my favorite part of this episode? The inclusion of a mantis shrimp.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Luckily I have HBO's West Coast feed too.

This episode was okay. The street story felt rushed, but it maintained a lot of the show's sense of humor, like Drtooth poinetd out, the Mucko POLO running gag being intentionally annoying very much in Sesame spirit. Is it just me, or did it sound like Alan was talking funny in this episode? And is Nina supposed to be Leela's replacement too? I'm surprised we're still having Elmo the Musical . . . hasn't the hype over musicals kind of died down in recent years?

But my favorite part of this episode? The inclusion of a mantis shrimp.
Yeah,Alan did sound pretty weird,even my five year old brother could tell something was off about his voice.

And yeah,Nina appears to basically be a replacement for Leela,Maria and Mando as none of them are credited anymore,although i'm still hoping that Leela and Mando will come back next season.

Both street scenes felt very rushed,although I did enjoy the Mucko Polo street story,but it sort of felt like there was a scene or two missing from both street stories.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both episodes are always available On Demand.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It wasn't so much his voice, it was his inflections, he almost sounded like he was self-inducing some kind of an odd accent, like he was hamming it up for the scene or something.