Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4601 - Bedtime Story

Will you watch new Sesame Street episodes on HBO?

• Yes, I'll see new Sesame Street on HBO.

• No, I'll see new Sesame Street on PBS.

• Either way, I won't be watching Sesame Street.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Seems a bit odd that Jennifer Barnhart is not in the credits,considering she's taking over one of the main characters and is playing a recurring character.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Don't worry that happen to Leslie when Abby debut, also I like Grover's pajamas in this episode.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Don't worry that happen to Leslie when Abby debut, also I like Grover's pajamas in this episode.
Oh yeah,I forgot about that,Leslie wasn't credited in season 37. But still,that was her first season,Jennifer has been here since 2001 and has been credited for a long time,I wonder why she's just all of a sudden not in the credits.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed that too. I mean, Zoe's on recurring status now, but even so, she's one of the main performers in the Smart Cookies bits.

Yes, for a season premiere, an edited Elmo's World initially feels really off. However, because Sesame Workshop is now keeping each episode to one central theme that's the primary reason for this choice. With more episodes per season now, filling some of them with Elmo's World (allbeit an older segment) is the route Sesame Workshop has taken verses much more frequent repeats of Elmo the Musical.

However, instead of Elmo's World I would've preferred other "sleep" theme segments. It would've been a great place for a new Ernie and Bert sleeping sketch or even an updated version of Joe Raposo's "Everybody Sleeps".
I understand from the POV that it fit the theme of the episode, but I don't see why they essentially condensed the block format into the half hour. In the half-hours that run on PBS, they a few short inserts and then one long-form bit (shortened EW included). Why is there an EW AND a Smart Cookies in the same episode when they could just drop EW like they already have? It already takes away much more time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm really pleasantly surprised that Sesame's YT page is putting up the episodes for free. Anyway, this new format is okay. I like seeing Muppets setting up the episodes. The new opening and closing song are fun. Nina's a welcome addition. I liked Tyler Bunch's performance as the giant. The B words bit with Tracee Ellis Ross was fun. I liked Ryan Dillon being the bear and Eric Jacobson being the basketball. The Smart Cookie's segment is pretty good. If they make more of these, they better find someone good to replace Joey as Figby. Here's the episode for non-HBO people.
Yeah. I was wondering about Joey, so were these taped before he left the show?

I notice he is still in the credits. I wonder about Leela and Mando as well. Seems like Nena may have taken over the laundromat, but you never know. Yeah. It is weird that there's no credit for Jennifer Bernhardt or Byrant Young (Snuffy's back half). I'm hoping he's still around as well.

Did anyone catch the short Tour of Sesame Street preview before the episode? We got to hear some of Stephanie's Prairie Dawn.
Oh, I'll have to see if I can find that online as well.

Also, we didn't get "Sesame Street was brought to you by" which was a staple on the show since day one, so that's kind of a disappointment.

Actually I believe Loretta/Susan was credited, but I can check again.

So excited to here Matt Vogel as Mr. Johnson.
So that's been confirmed? I'm guessing you're referring to Grover's Street Safari which will air next week.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah. I was wondering about Joey, so were these taped before he left the show?

I notice he is still in the credits.

Actually I believe Loretta/Susan was credited, but I can check again.

So that's been confirmed? I'm guessing you're referring to Grover's Street Safari which will air next week.
Yep,Susan is definitely in the credits. Also yes,this season was indeed filmed before Joey's departure,note that he plays one of the grouches on the Mucko Polo episode and plays one of the main characters on the Smart Cookies segment.
I noticed that too. I mean, Zoe's on recurring status now, but even so, she's one of the main performers in the Smart Cookies bits.
Speaking of Zoe,i'm hoping despite her demotion we'll still get to see some classic Elmo and Zoe conflict this season.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Yep,Susan is definitely in the credits. Also yes,this season was indeed filmed before Joey's departure,note that he plays one of the grouches on the Mucko Polo episode and plays one of the main characters on the Smart Cookies segment.
Speaking of Zoe,i'm hoping despite her demotion we'll still get to see some classic Elmo and Zoe conflict this season.
Actually it's Marty R.& Peter L. who plays the grouches.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I noticed that Abby's now refered to as "Elmo's best friend." Admittedly, this is a tad irksome (I know Drtooth is bothered by it) when you think about it, but the thing of it is, they were determined to ensure Abby could achieve the same level of star power Elmo had so that she'd be popular with little girls, and that pretty much tossing Zoe aside.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Baby Bear seems to barely be in this season, if he's on it at all.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Just watched them on YT; I forgot the day of the week :stick_out_tongue:

I loved both the street segments; the songs in both were great... will songs be in every episode?

Smart Cookies was great too, better than Super Grover 2.0 in my eyes.

The shortened version of Elmo's World made sense for the episode topic, but the 16:9 cropping was kinda awkward as was the editing for the shortening. Did anyone else notice the BG tracks in EW were redone? I sure as heck did. All in all, I'm pumped for this season! :big_grin: