Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4509 - If Me Had That Wand

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The street story was good, but I think it would have been better if Abby knew what Cookie was up to. The Furry Potter was a good spoof in my opinion, but I stilll like the other ones more as I know all of the movies spoofed this season. (Then again who doesn't know Wizard of Oz, or Star Wars?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
The street story was good, but I think it would have been better if Abby knew what Cookie was up to.
They played the episode too safe. It's like they're very reluctant to have Abby show any emotion other than happy lately. Potential for a deeper, dramatic lesson about jealousy or even having the slightest dramatic tension of Cookie and Abby fighting over the wand was tossed out for Alan to basically...well... read a script of what should have happened. So we get a cheap "stealing is bad" line with Abby and Elmo blissfully unaware. Really guys? You just got older kids to come back. You couldn't make the episode a little deeper?

I still don't see why they couldn't at least have Cookie and Abby fight over magically making cookies either.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
They played the episode too safe. It's like they're very reluctant to have Abby show any emotion other than happy lately. Potential for a deeper, dramatic lesson about jealousy or even having the slightest dramatic tension of Cookie and Abby fighting over the wand was tossed out for Alan to basically...well... read a script of what should have happened. So we get a cheap "stealing is bad" line with Abby and Elmo blissfully unaware. Really guys? You just got older kids to come back. You couldn't make the episode a little deeper?

I still don't see why they couldn't at least have Cookie and Abby fight over magically making cookies either.
They might have even had Abby be a little bit of a showoff or gloating about her wand to make Cookie's jealousy more acceptable and have both of them at fault.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. There was no conflict other than Cookie thought about stealing the wand. It's like someone made a weak Fairly Oddparents fan fic or something and didn't finish it. Now, Cookie's schtick was funny, and I'm glad to see that he has somehow surpassed Elmo in popularity. But the episode had a weak message that was handled weakly so they could shoehorn the number of the day into it. And it stinks because Abby is a good character when she's used as one. Instead she's just girl Elmo.