Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4508 - Ernie’s Dance Video

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I'd say he sounds like a halfway in between of Jim and Steve.
I said that same thing on YouTube. :stick_out_tongue:

Yeah. If Steve's too busy to perform his characters, I have no problem with an experienced recast. Though there are a lot of Ernie and Bert skits made with international shows in mind that the US hasn't seen yet. Yeah, they pulled a "Short run in Peru" on us. I'm sure Steve did those, and I;m sure we'll see him as Ernie again.

Meanwhile, Billy's been Ernie for longer than we realize. He's been doing Ernie's voice for stage shows 5 years ago.

He has been doing it for a while, and I'm really appreciating how well he is doing.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'd say he sounds like a halfway in between of Jim and Steve. Yeah. If Steve's too busy to perform his characters, I have no problem with an experienced recast. Though there are a lot of Ernie and Bert skits made with international shows in mind that the US hasn't seen yet. Yeah, they pulled a "Short run in Peru" on us. I'm sure Steve did those, and I;m sure we'll see him as Ernie again.

Meanwhile, Billy's been Ernie for longer than we realize. He's been doing Ernie's voice for stage shows 5 years ago.
When you say stage shows, are you talking about Sesame Street Live?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sorry for the double posting but this video was just put on YouTube! I must say after hearing billy's voice I really like it. To be honest I thought Steve's Ernie could be a little to high pitched at times, but here he sounds really good!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sorry for the double posting but this video was just put on YouTube! I must say after hearing billy's voice I really like it. To be honest I thought Steve's Ernie could be a little to high pitched at times, but here he sounds really good!

Hmmm. You make a good point, Dwayne. It seems like Steve sometimes has trouble getting Kermit or Guy Smiley out of the voice when doing Ernie. It will be nice to see more of how Billy handles the character.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I agree that Billy does sound a little more like Jim with that more nasally tone to his voice. I wish him the best of luck with his characters.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree that Billy does sound a little more like Jim with that more nasally tone to his voice. I wish him the best of luck with his characters.
Now don't get me wrong, I love the work Steve has done with Ernie, and if he still wants to work with him I would be all for it. I will say that I did think Billy sound more like Jim's Ernie. I only heard him in that one song. I would love to see how he does with speaking and his timing with Bert/Eric because that is the most important thing I think.