Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4501 - School for Chickens

Drtooth

Reaction score
The rest of the show, I'll admit, was much more of a snapping pace without too much things dragging on (other than the Abby episode). The plus side, we didn't have one of those useless Murray Guessing Game fillers. To be fair, they were getting better as of last season, but I'm not missing them. But those "Hey! Let's watch this!" bits with Murray were jarring. I don't think they were really necessary. I'm sure kids won't tell the difference from the 2009 Murray puppet and the current one, but we know. Though I don't get why they felt they needed to interrupt the Murray Had a Little Lamb to say there was an interruption. I'm sure the new Letter and Number dance breaks didn't need an introduction. If it weren't for those little phoned in Murray closeups, the flow would be much better.

But I wonder... is the new Letter and Number into a sign of transition? Like they're trying to slowly limit the amount of show Murray hosts? Maybe next season, he'll just be the opening word of the day bit. Seems like they want to move a corner or something with these new intros.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Ahem. I only saw the Abby segment, the number of the day stomping bit, and the Elmo the Musical theme song before I had to leave for work.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's episode was pretty good. Great to see Ryan play Elmo in a street story. The songs in it were catchy. I liked the Raise Your Hand song. I'm glad they're adding a new regular Muppet. The Word of the Day was pretty funny. The new Super Grover 2.O was funny. I liked that the cheerleaders kept saying "Like". The new Letter and Number intros are cool. The new format is gonna take getting used to though.

wiley207

Reaction score
Interesting they changed the format again a bit, but it's kind of about time.
I wonder how long they will also continue to use the 2009 intro? I'll probably give it maybe two more years before they replace it again...

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'd think they would have updated it being an anniversary season, but they've pretty much decided to sit this one out on all accounts. Well, except for that Lincoln Center thing.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Who's Mando? I haven't watched SS since 2010, so an explanation would be wonderful. :coy:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the new "Raise Your Hand Up High" song...