Sesame Street Season 19 Episode 2410 - Snuffy's Little Sister, Alice

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 2410 - Snuffy's Little Sister, Alice
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

Snuffleupagus wants to introduce his little sister, Alice, to Big Bird, but he doesn't know where Big Bird is. Snuffy describes Big Bird so Alice can help find him. They are looking for someone with two legs and feathers and who sings. At first, Alice mistakes David for Big Bird, as he is humming and using a feather duster. While Bob and Luis sing a feather song with the neighborhood children, Alice thinks Bob is Big Bird! Snuffy leaves Alice behind to check Big Bird's nest and see if his friend is there. Just then, Big Bird walks down the street and sees Alice! From afar, they compare Snuffleupagus' descriptions of one another. They share a big hug after recognizing one another without Snuffy's help! Snuffy returns from Big Bird's nest and sees his best friend and sister have already met.

1988 | 51 MIN

Please note, this is the first time this episode has been commercially released since it's original broadcast.

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "Snuffy's Little Sister, Alice" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I just checked the Muppet Wiki for this episode now, and I have some questions:

I can fully understand why the Pee-Wee Herman sketch and the Monsterpiece Theater "Gone with the Wind" sketch was edited out - celebrity clearance issues and copyright issues respectively. But why on earth would they edit out the Gordon and Olivia vs. the Sun sketch and the film about the boy climbing a tall palm tree to retrieve a coconut?

Also, why was "Movin' On" edited out? Was it a parody of a copyrighted song?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Not everything is edited out because of celebrity estates or music, it’s sometimes just time constraints.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Not everything is edited out because of celebrity estates or music, it’s sometimes just time constraints.
You are right. I had a possible reason as to why "D-dart" was edited out of some HBO Max broadcasts, until I learned of at least one episode (one being #2256) where the segment is kept intact. So that means the segment is not deemed controversial even today, despite that one person on another thread was creeped out by it.

I had thought that "B for certain boy, Bosco, and bubbles" was going to be edited out of the HBO Max airings, until I discovered it was featured on the James Earl Jones episode and was kept intact on the HBO Max version.

I do have one question: I learned that the Unpaved broadcasts, along with Noggin reruns of The Electric Company, never involved any Scanimate segments. What could be the reason for the absence of Scanimate segments when aired in syndication and on HBO Max? Unless I overlooked something.

At least the Old School DVD set did feature an airing of a season premiere that had "Scanimate H" kept intact. And the Sesame Street website did have the "Count of Ten" segment published on their classic clips page (the site's only Scanimate segment, until the website's overhaul after the HBO deal).

Last edited: