Sesame Street Season 18 Episode 2256 - Elmo's New Doll

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 2256 - Elmo's New Doll
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

Elmo has a new doll! He visits David at the store and reveals he named his doll after him. Elmo thinks it will be too confusing to have 2 Davids on Sesame Street, so he changes the adult's name to "Dustin." Before "Dustin" can protest, some monsters arrive, call him "Dustin," and order drinks. Elmo then visits Maria and Luis for help getting Baby David to sleep. After singing a few lullabies, and with some help from Barkley, Baby David falls asleep. Maria takes Barkley for a walk and hears Telly's new story called Barkley's Adventure. "Dustin" visits Luis and Maria at work and brings them lunch. Elmo visits and reveals his doll's new name is "Luis", and the adult's new name is "David". The adults do not like this! Elmo reveals he wants to get a sister doll for "Luis" and name her "Maria".

1986 | 56 MIN

Please note, this is the first time this episode has been commercially released since it's original broadcast.

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "Elmo's New Doll" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
If i were to guess, I'd say the segment with The Four Tops was likely edited out.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I did subscribe to HBO Max recently, and I did discover two segments that were edited out by HBO Max: The "D-dart" cartoon, and "D Duah Duah". The cutting of "D-dart" obviously isn't due to sensitive content, as that segment was kept intact on the HBO Max release of Episode 484. However, I wonder what could be the reason for editing out "D Duah Duah". Could it be due to Bushman Bill being inspired by Wolfman Jack, and royalties issues involving the late Wolfman Jack's estate? Or what other reason?

For what it's worth, I don't think "D Duah Duah" was ever shown on any Noggin broadcast of "Unpaved", or "123 Sesame Street". Correct me if I'm wrong.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Some segments are just edited out because timing, no controversy or anything

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Could it be due to Bushman Bill being inspired by Wolfman Jack, and royalties issues involving the late Wolfman Jack's estate?
They wouldn't have to pay royalties for spoofing a person in that fashion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some segments are just edited out because timing, no controversy or anything
I mean this is streaming, why would time constraints even be an issue? It's not like they're being fitted into time slots on broadcast television.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
HBO add credits to episodes, so there’s that weirdness.