Sesame Street Season 10 Episode 1262 - A Movie is Being Filmed at Hooper's Store

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 1262 - A Movie is Being Filmed at Hooper's Store
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

Mr. Hooper sees a mysterious man surveying his store inside and out. The man introduces himself as Richard Altman, a movie director, and asks if he can shoot a movie scene at Mr. Hooper's store! He loves the store just as it is. The director asks Mr. Hooper if he and his friends would like to be extras in the movie! An hour later, the Sesame Street adults are on set at Mr. Hooper's store! The store is filled with movie equipment like cameras and lights. Oscar is upset when the director does not cast him. Maria is starstruck when the movie's star, Nick Redfield arrives. After one take of Nick walking through the door, Richard announces, "that's a wrap" and asks if the film crew can eat lunch at the store. Mr. Altman later calls Mr. Hooper and invites everyone to the movie premiere!

1979 | 58 MIN

Please note, this is the first time this episode has been commercially released since it's original broadcast.

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "A Movie is Being Filmed at Hooper's Store" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

kathy26

Reaction score
When Maurice Monster was announcing the sponsors at the end did I hear a little of Scooter From Richard

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is an interesting episode. I guess the lesson is about how filming works, perhaps one lesson is that even the shortest scenes can involve a lot of work to set up and film.

The scene where Oscar asks to be in the movie and gets passed over for Bruno played out differently than I had expected. I was thinking the director would look at them a little, then make an ambiguous comment that sounded like he accepted Oscar only for it to be Bruno he likes. But I don't get that sense here, with his "good neighborhood type" before it's instantly clear who he wants to cast. And the director says to put Oscar by the steps or gutter (where Oscar would later live), why not just put Oscar where his trash can normally sits?

Is it just me, or is Bruno missing the invisible wire connected to his mouth? I've never been sure if that was easily removable or not (in Follow That Bird, he can be seen moving his mouth among the crowd when he doesn't have a trash can in hand, I think his performer might have been pulling on the wire but hard to see in such a wide crowd shot). This was only his second appearance, so maybe they didn't attach the wire yet (as far as I could tell, none of his other season 10 appearances have surfaced online).

It's funny how Jerry Nelson whips his whips on items whenever Mr. Hooper is about to do something that's not necessary for filming.