Sesame Street Reference on South Park

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, there's something you should know about a Sesame Street reference on South Park. No, I'm not talking about the episode where Carpmen's up on the cross and Officer Barbrady comes by, spoofing the Typewriter Man. This is a full-blooded reference.

Finished watching one of the new episodes, this is the one where the boys start up their own talent agency. After Token Black gets stolen by CAA, they sign the wife of the CityWok restaurant owner. Turns out she's a Chinese singer signed up for the new American Idol. To make a long story short, she gets kidnapped by the Chinese mafia before the boys rescue her to then perform at Sylvester Stallone's son's wedding.
And lo and behold, this is towards the end of the episode, at the wedding Weed Wing belts out none other than... Sing!
They go through the whole song twice, was great hearing it though I wonder if this song has fallen into public domain by now.
Anyway, just a heads up, thought you guys might like it or be interested.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good to know that Muppet and Sesame Street references are still getting out there, which means that people still care about them.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Also, the bumper spots they've made to promote the new season's episodes seem to be taking off those live-action SS skits where the orange ball went through the wire "rollercoaster" deal with the flags. If memory serves me correctly, one of these ended with the ball being ground up into powder, while one had it turned into cherries for a sundae. Really.

Anyway, these South Park spots even seem to have similar music, only I didn't recognize it until seeing them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
one more

Early in South Park's history, on the episode where Ike is going to get circumcized, you can hear him yell out "COOKIE MONSTER!"

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
Not only does this reference to SS exist but if you watch during commercials you may see I take on the red ball skit from Sesame Streert being used to promote this season of South Park.