Sesame Street on "A Capitol Fourth" Thursday July 4, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Looks like Sesame Street is coming to our nation's capitol to celebrate the 4th of July with the annual A Capitol fourth special on PBS. Usually I would be happy to see the show honor in such a manner, but considering WHO IS CURRENTLY IN OFFICE and his temperment.....well let the jokes fly.... :grouchy: . Either that or avoid it like the plague.

However as fans of Sesame Street: What do you think of this ?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't go into great details out of respect and to avoid revealing who said what, but when I met the SS cast at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo a couple of years ago, one of them told me that they had been invited by the White House to appear at some sort of an unspecified event, but that they did not accept the invitation for that very reason, as he represents pretty much the exact opposite of everything that SS has been teaching for nearly 50 years.

But what makes this different, supposedly, is that he won't be there at this event.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The President is not often at this event, if ever, I believe.

Current President is throwing his own pity-party event elsewhere in Washington that night.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, it's even costing us our tax money to keep these kids in these concentration camps.

But, that's not what this thread's for; we can complain about all of this in other threads.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Anyway to not derailed this to be talking about our current president, who do you think is going to be there?
I’m speculating Big Bird, Elmo, Abby, and Cookie Monster. I would love to see Grover and Ernie as well.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Double post: Sorry for this but Toughpigs posted a roster of characters who’ll appear: Big Bird, Abby Cadabby, Rosita, Elmo, Grover, Bert, and Ernie. Kind of weird no Cookie Monster.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The President is not often at this event, if ever, I believe.

Current President is throwing his own pity-party event elsewhere in Washington that night.
Forgive me for asking you this question, but just HOW FAR AWAY the President’s 4th of July thing is from “A Capitol Fourth” taping ?

I am ask this question given how elaborate our current President wants HIS 4th of July thing to be made into. I mean army tanks at a 4th of July celebration and you cannot believe where some of the cash for this is coming from. :grouchy:

Status
Not open for further replies.