Sesame Street Old School Outlines

cjd874

Reaction score
So I've really gotten into the Sesame Street classics episodes from iTunes and thought, "I should try making some original outlines." These outlines are between seasons 3 and 10; the golden years, if you will, of SS.
***I have tried to make these as original as possible. If any street scenes in my outlines were actually filmed by CTW/SW, I did not knowingly use them for the outlines.
***No computers were harmed in the making of these outlines.***

Sesame Street Old School Outline

Season 10: A rainy day on the Street.

Sponsors: I, R, 2

Scene 1: Gordon and Olivia welcome the viewer to the Street and take note of how nice it is outside. They are talking about the sun, the birds, and the blue skies when Oscar cuts them short. He begins complaining about the weather and mentions how he wants to be rainy, cloudy, and muddy. Gordon, Olivia, and Oscar sing “I Say Wonderful, I Say Yuck.” Just as the song ends, a thunderclap is heard and it starts raining. Olivia and Gordon run into the apartment, and Oscar chuckles happily.

Cartoon/Song: I Love Being a Pig (Joe Raposo score)

Muppets: Bert tells Ernie to imagine playing a baseball game.

Celebrity: Richard Pryor Alphabet

Film: Traffic lights (kid voice-over)

Muppets: Cookie Disco

Cartoon: Bud Luckey Country Fiddle: Toucan Two-Dance

Scene 2: Inside the 123 apartment, Gordon, Olivia, and Herry Monster play “One of These Things” with an umbrella, galoshes, a raincoat, and a heavy barbell. Herry correctly guesses that the barbell doesn’t belong, but when he tries to lift it, he drops it through Gordon’s floor.

Film: Marching Band #2

Muppets: Kermit and Grover demonstrate heavy and light.

Cartoon: “R” Professor (Robber, rooster, rowboat…“Good heavens! A talking dog!”)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “R” joke (with AM Mailman)

Cartoon/Song: Pinball Machine #2

Film/Song: Henson Dollhouse #2

Muppets/Song: “One Way” (the greaser’s song featuring Chris Cerf)

Transition: Broken glass

Scene 3: Bob, David, Maria, and Mr. Hooper are inside Hooper’s store, drying off and ordering food. Big Bird joins them and orders a birdseed milkshake, but Hooper is out of birdseed. Disappointed, Big Bird is about to leave, when Bob and Hooper suggest that he try something new. Reluctant, Big Bird tries some of David’s tuna-salad sandwich, and likes it so much that he ends up eating the whole thing.

Muppets: Grover presents the letter R, which rocks, rolls, and ROCKETS up into the sky.

Cartoon: How a faucet works (two children and their furry pet, IT)

Film: Saxophone factory

Cartoon: Ringmaster #2

Film: Taking a bus through the city

Muppets: Cookie Monster makes an egg sandwich with help from an AM girl

Cartoon: We All Live in a Capital I

Muppet/Kids: Ernie, Bert, and Shola talk about feelings.

Film: Swinging gibbon

Scene 4: Susan and Luis are with Biff and Sully inside the Fix-It Shop. Together, they all reminisce their younger days…Susan as a nurse, Luis as a singer, and Biff and Sully as young construction workers.

Cartoon: 2 Train

Song: Who You Looking At Tiger? (sung by David)

Muppets: Sinister Sam is looking for Doc Holliday.

Film: A man delivers mail on horseback.

Cartoon: I-Ink (angry bird)

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Here is Your Life: Loaf of Bread”

Scene 5: Oscar peers out of his can one last time to look at the falling rain. He pulls out his grouch camera and takes photographs of the storm. The camera pans down the street to show everyone else inside, mingling happily. Maria announces the sponsors. SS sign still: the Count; CTW sign still: Luis.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David
Emilio Delgado as Luis
Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
Loretta Long as Susan
Sonia Manzano as Maria
Bob McGrath as Bob
Roscoe Orman as Gordon
Alaina Reed as Olivia
AND
Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:
Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, Doc Holliday, AMs
Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, Biff, AMs
Richard Hunt as Sully, AM Mailman, AMs
Fran Brill as AM girl, AMs
Marliyn Sokol as Loaf of Bread, AMs
Chris Cerf as AM Greaser
AND
Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Kermit, Sinister Sam, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's the next one!

Sesame Street Old School Outline

Season 8: Close calls with Snuffleupagus/Oscar’s grouch marching band

Sponsors: C, M, 7

Scene 1: Bob is walking down the Street when he hears awful noises coming from Oscar’s can. Oscar, clad in a tattered marching outfit, explains that he is rehearsing with an all-grouch marching band for the annual Muddy’s No-Thanks-giving Day Parade. He tells Bob that they actually do more than just music. (“We’re no one-trick pony, bright eyes!”) Bob wants to know what this means, leans into the can, and is doused with water blown from the grouch sousaphone section.

Cartoon: Jazz Alphabet (male chorus)

Muppets: The Count counts 7 flowers

Film: Children play with toys, alongside footage of adults working with real tools.

Cartoon: C-Cake

Cartoon: There’s a Zoo in Me!

Muppets: Cookie Monster sings “C is for Cookie”

Celebrity: Bill Cosby is happy

Muppets: Bert wants Ernie to do the laundry, but Ernie loads the basket with items that he wants to take to the laundry room, leaving no room for the clothing.

Film: Mad Painter #7

Scene 2: Big Bird is reading a book in his nest when Mr. Snuffleupagus arrives. He tells Big Bird that he can play with him today, and Big Bird is eager to tell the adults. Once Big Bird runs off, the phone rings, and Snuffy finds out that he has to go back to help his mom dust the cave. Snuffy leaves just as Big Bird, Maria, Gordon, and David return, and the adults tell the disappointed Bird that Snuffy is just an “imaginary friend.”

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover’s M lecture

Film: Animal textures

Cartoon: Melvin the Moving Man

Muppets: Dragnet Parody (Letter M)

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #7

Scene 3: Big Bird is at Hooper’s Store with Mr. Hooper, Susan, Linda, and Luis when he spots Snuffy at the bus stop. Big Bird tries to get the adults to turn around, but they refuse. When they finally turn, a bus passes in front of Snuffy, blocking him from everyone’s sight. Once again, Big Bird gets an earful from the adults.

Celebrity: Bill Cosby is sad

Muppets: Ernie paints a portrait of Bert, who dislikes it because it looks nothing like him! Ernie fixes it by putting a wig and glasses on Bert.

Cartoon: Sand M

Cartoon: The M That Came to Dinner

Muppets: News Flash: The Three Pigs and the Seven Dwarves (featuring the Count)

Transition: A moving black square lunges at the screen

Cast: Ringmaster Luis and Lovely Linda show “before” and “after”

Film: Farmer George shows above and below

Cartoon: The letter M flies through space

Scene 4: Big Bird is alone in his nest when Snuffy returns. Big Bird wonders aloud why no one can see Snuffy, but Snuffy tells him not to worry. They have each other’s friendship, and that’s what matters.

Cartoon: The Alligator King #7

Film/Song: Judy Collins sings “Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow” with the kids

Cartoon: C-Cow (a cow lays an egg, and then the bird hatches and says “MOO”)

Muppets: OP word family song

Celebrity: Bill Cosby is silly

Scene 5: Gordon, Bob, Luis, and Maria are covering their ears and complaining while Oscar’s grouch marching band rehearses. Big Bird and Snuffy announce the sponsors. SS sign still: David. CTW sign still: Cookie Monster and Herry Monster.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

AND

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Snuffleupagus, The Count, Herbert Birdsfoot, AMs

Richard Hunt as AMs

Fran Brill as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Awesome work! Scenes 2 and 3 definitely sound like something that would have happened back in the day, for sure! You especially did an awesome job with the 1st scene- that is some great classic Oscar humor you did there! That line, “We’re no one-trick pony, bright eyes!” completely made my day!

Either way, you really went above and beyond with this outline, and if you do another one soon, I look forward to reading it! :smile:

BTW, since when was there a Dragnet parody with the letter M?

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Awesome work! Scenes 2 and 3 definitely sound like something that would have happened back in the day, for sure! You especially did an awesome job with the 1st scene- that is some great classic Oscar humor you did there! That line, “We’re no one-trick pony, bright eyes!” completely made my day!

Either way, you really went above and beyond with this outline, and if you do another one soon, I look forward to reading it! :smile:

BTW, since when was there a Dragnet parody with the letter M?
Thanks for your comments! I appreciate it.

This Dragnet parody is a really rare skit (1971-72) and it is featured on the Sesame Spoofs DVD set.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Oh, that one? Well, nothing personal, but I've seen this bunches of times, so it's not really rare. Plus, it would work a lot better if this were included on an episode with the letter W as a sponsor. But don't worry about it; we all know what Big Bird said at the beginning of Season 2!

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Oh, that one? Well, nothing personal, but I've seen this bunches of times, so it's not really rare. Plus, it would work a lot better if this were included on an episode with the letter W as a sponsor. But don't worry about it; we all know what Big Bird said at the beginning of Season 2!
Wasn't it, "Hello Mr. Dooper!". NOTE: This is a joke.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Wasn't it, "Hello Mr. Dooper!". NOTE: This is a joke.
That's not what I was thinking about- Big Bird mispronounced Mr. Hooper's name a lot between 1969 and 1982. I was talking about his classic song "Everyone Makes Mistakes".

cjd874

Reaction score
W is for Whoops. Totally forgot that the missing letter was W. (And to think that I have another outline with W as a sponsor!) :embarrassed::grr::oops: