Sesame Street "Muppets"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Since JHC no longer owns the SS characters, and Disney bought the Muppets, what are the SS characters called now?

Still "Muppets?" or what?

~Kev :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since season 35 was taped last fall, long-before the Disney deal was done in February, we will have to wait and see what direction Sesame Workshop goes with the character names.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Right, guys. To US they're still "Muppets," and always will be. But, Disney owns that name now, so I'm interested to know that after the legalities, etc., what they will be called.

Cheebo

Reaction score
If Disney wont let them(and I am guessing they will let them) it could be "Jim Henson's Puppets" but like I said I highly doubt they will stop calling them "Jim Henson's Muppets".

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Well before, they were clarified as "Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets".

Check the credits for Follow that Bird and Elmo in Grouchland.

Cheebo

Reaction score
Really? Because every time I have seen the credits for as long as I remember it has been "Jim Henson's Muppets".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
During the 1990-1991 season they were called "The Sesame Street Puppet Characters". But like Cheebo said, they're just now known as "Jim Henson's Muppets".

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Since season 35 was taped last fall, long-before the Disney deal was done in February, we will have to wait and see what direction Sesame Workshop goes with the character names.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think next season,the credits will say: "Sesame Street puppet characters provided by The Jim Henson Company"