Sesame Street Introduces Homeless Muppet

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Ah, Sofia is back, I see. She seems to show up whenever they touch on heavy topics. I wonder if it's because these are filmed in between seasons, so none of the regular cast members are available, or if she's a child therapist or something.
Who is Sofia?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A homeless chararacter, eh?

Well, props to them! I really love it when they go out of their way to make chararacters that I'm sure will have controversy to them, but are still created out of good intentions.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't touched on this topic before now. Where I use to work we had a couple of people that had full time jobs yet were still homeless, living in shelters. It's one of my biggest fears.
Same here! Whenever I see someone sitting on the ground with a piece of cardboard in their hands - whether they brought it on themselves or not, it just makes me think "****.... What if that could be me one day?"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, I thought that was Steven Colbert did about ten years ago in the episode of The Colbert Report recognizing Sesame's 40th anniversary.

:sing: How many is 3?
Colbert: Mao, Hitler, and Stallin. That's how many.

Colbert: I say Cookie Monster is a letter of the alphabet. Jam him in there anywhere, don't listen to the capitalist frog.

*Shrugs.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Here are some videos:

Wow! They executed that perfectly!
Whoever preformed Lilie did an awesome job, and I always love when Elmo is sweet helpful and so caring of his friends,
This is just one of the reasons Sesame Street is going on 50 years.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Wow! They executed that perfectly!
Whoever preformed Lilie did an awesome job, and I always love when Elmo is sweet helpful and so caring of his friends,
This is just one of the reasons Sesame Street is going on 50 years.
It's nice to see them add a new Muppet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Who is Sofia?
Is she not a regular cast member? I haven't seen the show in many years so I have no idea.
She's appeared three times now (including this appearance) but never on the show proper. The first time was that special they did five years ago about incarcerated parents, the second was in this series of videos that dealt with childhood trauma:

Her actress Jasmine Ramero auditioned to be a cast member in 2012 but she didn't get the part. But she did show up once as Elmo's teacher Mrs. Sanchez in 2015.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
She's appeared three times now (including this appearance) but never on the show proper. The first time was that special they did five years ago about incarcerated parents, the second was in this series of videos that dealt with childhood trauma:

Her actress Jasmine Ramero auditioned to be a cast member in 2012 but she didn't get the part. But she did show up once as Elmo's teacher Mrs. Sanchez in 2015.
Thank you.

crackmaster

Reaction score
Now I don't have to worry that much about being homeless when I move out of my parents' house. I have someone who might relate to me.