Sesame Street Explores National Parks

Drtooth

Reaction score
That being said, I must admit I like the Murray-Elmo duo they've got going on here. Seriously, Murray needs to drop his hosting duties and interact with other characters.
Murray was never meant to interact with other characters. Unfortunately it makes the character distant, but the one episode he was inserted into, Joey wasn't really happy about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Murray was never meant to interact with other characters. Unfortunately it makes the character distant, but the one episode he was inserted into, Joey wasn't really happy about it.
Some performers are like that, others aren't - some performers prefer the one-on-one approach (case in point: Murray interacting only with the viewers watchcing at home), while others need to be surrounded by others to play off of an interact with.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Everybody says Elmo's new voice sounds deeper, I think it sounds softer.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Everybody says Elmo's new voice sounds deeper, I think it sounds softer.
Yeah, listening to it that's what I'd say. It's around the same pitch, but he doesn't have the same scratchiness or nasally qualities as Clash when he calms down, which makes it seem a little deeper, but I think that's really what more it is. That and on certain words it almost sounds like "normal-person-doing-a-high-voice" instead of Elmo's usual odd squeakiness. That being said, that's still darn close, is doing a very good job and he's just starting out with this iconic character. Give it a few years and he'll grow into it until people won't even question it, like with other recast Muppets. (I did love his reading on "Just put them on, Murray" :laugh: )

That being said, I must admit I like the Murray-Elmo duo they've got going on here. Seriously, Murray needs to drop his hosting duties and interact with other characters.
Me too! Murray's a lively character and I've always liked him and Ovejita a lot. Abby's neat too (and she's got one of my favorite performers), but they're the first new Sesame characters I actually get excited to see more of the rare times I tune in. And I think the idea of a puppet on-the-go like that is great. And he plays off of Elmo pretty well! I think it was a good idea to pair up Elmo with a friend like this, and let him be the sidekick for a change. He's got to have some room to grow up again with a new performer, and there's a good amount of chemistry with Murray's enthusiastic host personality and Elmo's curious kid helper role. Murray feels a bit more like an older brother to him, which works for now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some performers are like that, others aren't - some performers prefer the one-on-one approach (case in point: Murray interacting only with the viewers watchcing at home), while others need to be surrounded by others to play off of an interact with.
He clearly thinks the character should be separate from the rest of the show. Sort of like the other characters on Abby's Flying School without the budget restrictions that would keep them from integrating as real puppets.

I do agree with that. Murray interacts better with real people outside. Almost like an entirely different show. I'm sure Jim would really have approved.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I'm sorry I just don't like Elmo's new voice. When he talks he sounds really different.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Ryan's Elmo is by far the best Elmo voice I've heard apart from the original - better than any amatuer impersonation. In fact at first I could barely tell the difference. The way he operates the puppet even seems very Elmo like.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Ryan's Elmo is by far the best Elmo voice I've heard apart from the original - better than any amatuer impersonation. In fact at first I could barely tell the difference. The way he operates the puppet even seems very Elmo like.
It's only because I was so used to watching EW and just plain Elmo as a kid. I'll warm up to it. And after hearing it again, it sounds better then it did. It sounds a lot more like Elmo now that I compare them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People, get with it: Kevin is gone, and whoever takes over Elmo, they're not going to sound 100% exactly like Kevin... Steve Whitmire as Kermit and Ernie doesn't sound 100% like Jim Henson; Matt Vogel as Big Bird doesn't sound 100% exactly like Caroll Spinney, and Matt as Count, Floyd, Uncle Deadly, Robin, and Lew Zealand don't sound 100% exactly like Jerry Nelson; Eric Jacobson as Bert, Grover, Fozzie, and Piggy don't sound 100% exactly like Frank Oz; David Rudman as Cookie Monster doesn't sound 100% exactly like Frank; John Tartaglia as Gobo Fraggle doesn't sound 100% exactly like Jerry.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
People, get with it: Kevin is gone, and whoever takes over Elmo, they're not going to sound 100% exactly like Kevin... Steve Whitmire as Kermit and Ernie doesn't sound 100% like Jim Henson; Matt Vogel as Big Bird doesn't sound 100% exactly like Caroll Spinney, and Matt as Count, Floyd, Uncle Deadly, Robin, and Lew Zealand don't sound 100% exactly like Jerry Nelson; Eric Jacobson as Bert, Grover, Fozzie, and Piggy don't sound 100% exactly like Frank Oz; David Rudman as Cookie Monster doesn't sound 100% exactly like Frank; John Tartaglia as Gobo Fraggle doesn't sound 100% exactly like Jerry.
It sounds a lot better now actually. And Gobo sounds great, as do the rest. I haven't heard Matt Vogel as Big Bird yet. Does anyone have a video of him performing? EDIT: Never mind, I just heard it. And it sounds great too!