Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

gravy

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone ever considered this: Some SS episodes were played twice a day. This MEANS this episode could have aired more than once in some locations, and this letter also sort of indicates that.

Not to offend anyone but most people are just idiots who want to see this episode because they like to see banned kid show episodes and want to see the trouble that Sesame Street has gotten into but most of us want to see this because we are interested in Sesame Street and just want to see this episode because it's part of the shows history
meh.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone ever considered this: Some SS episodes were played twice a day. This MEANS this episode could have aired more than once in some locations, and this letter also sort of indicates that.
Yeah, I heard it was played twice on its debut day and then never again.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Had just an average episode, like, episode 2 of Oscar wanting to move away been off limits, y’all would also make a big deal over it. Just saying. :smirk:
Interestingly, when I first learned info on episodes 2-5, that was the one that I most wanted to see for its plot. It was high on my wishlist of street stories.

I've been thinking about posting a list in the "top ten anything" thread on episodes I learned about from the "trusted sources" (not too sure on other episodes I knew a little about but learned more about), but in the last few days I've wondered if I should do a different but similar list on long-unseen episodes I most want to see that don't have much "notability" regarding them - not episodes that involve character debuts, important character development, particular guest stars (though I don't think I'm really a big fan of any celebrity guest who got to be the focus of street scenes in a particular episode), "banned" episodes (this is really the only known one.... the 40th anniversary book mentions an episode where Telly is in conflict with a friend who won't share/give his things back that stopped airing after test audiences missed the point of the episode, but that's more recent and was included in one of the resource videos), or if particular performers had an on-screen role, though some can be a bit subjective.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
This episode is not only important to Sesame Street fans but it's important to Wizard of Oz fans because this was probably the only time and original cast member from the movie appeared on another show reprising their role

gravy

Reaction score
This episode is not only important to Sesame Street fans but it's important to Wizard of Oz fans because this was probably the only time and original cast member from the movie appeared on another show reprising their role
Margaret reprised her role multiple times on multiple shows, not just Sesame.

wiley207

Reaction score
She looks very rugged and depressed so this might be from the scene where she pretends to be a poor old lady.
Naw, I'm betting at that part when she's disguised as an old lady, Margaret Hamilton basically appears as herself, like at the start of "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special" when she is Paul's housekeeper "Margaret," and they go to visit her sister whom turns out to be Witchiepoo, and then Margaret reveals she's actually the Wicked Witch of the West!
Though I'm betting her voice and laugh in Episode 847 is no different from how she sounded in "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special."

Margaret reprised her role multiple times on multiple shows, not just Sesame.
Exactly, like that Mister Rogers episode, and of course "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special" I keep bringing up, probably because that special aired the very same year as Episode 847.

Yeah, I heard it was played twice on its debut day and then never again.
Yeah, compared to how "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special" only aired once and never again. But THAT was probably because it was a holiday special airing on prime-time network television, and was probably found to be dated soon after. But fortunately someone recorded the special when it aired, and it circulated in bootleg land for years afterward until finally being uploaded online when video-sharing sites like YouTube became popular.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Am I the only one who can't believe she was 74 when she appeared in the Paul Lynde Halloween Special? As the witch, she looks like she could pass as 30; night and day from the two stills we've seen from 847.