Sesame Street comics coming fall 2012 from Ape Entertainment

Drtooth

Reaction score
With no fan fare or even a CBR preview. Yeah.

I don't think it even has the variant covers. Just Ernie and Bert on a rowboat.

I really should have been more excited and jumped on the opportunity to grab an issue, but that 2 and a half year wait when they reprinted the first issue several times (twice as giveaways) I just felt eh... maybe next week and went for Rick and Morty instead.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Issue #2 was originally titled Friendship, i.e. the Bert and Ernie rowboat cover illustrated by our own Jay Fozzgett or lowercasejay. He also did a batch of variant covers as demonstrated on the Muppet Wiki page for these SST comic books. However, the second issue had it's title changed to Another Sunny Day, so they went with just the one cover leaving the variants unused.

Intrigued to find out what this issue's contents are though not sure if a third issue will be forthcoming. *Shrugs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, all I can remember from the flip through is something with Big Bird and Grover and an Abby's Fairy School bit. I'll try and check it out next week. Even if that means I have to put Bob's Burgers off. Part of the reason I didn't grab this issue was that I was trying to play catch up the last couple weeks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tough Pigs reviewed it yesterday. http://www.toughpigs.com/review-sesame-street-another-sunny-day/

I also found a copy yesterday. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but what I have read so far is good.

Near the end, there's an ad for the comic, which shows covers for the upcoming issues. One of them, "Blast from the Past", has Mr. Johnson on the cover. Considering the title, I wonder if that one will focus more on old school characters and situations.

I've noticed that it seems like the issue number does not appear anywhere on this comic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've noticed that it seems like the issue number does not appear anywhere on this comic.
Probably to stave off any problems if the next issue doesn't materialize for a while after.

I'll try and pick this up later today and give a good read through and post a small synopsis and analysis here if I do.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Compared to The Muppet Show Comic Books, this one feels a bit short. Of course that's not a bad thing, and we probably shouldn't be expecting each issue to be as long as the standard issue of The Muppet Show Comic Book or any other comic book series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually managed to get the second issue a few days ago, but didn't get around to reading it yet. The third issue was supposed to come out the 23rd of November, but I didn't see it. Can anyone confirm its existence? Sometimes my local comic shop doesn't carry a couple titles here and there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, Issue 3 should exist since toughpigs hosted an SST/comics crossover fanart contest where five runners-up would receive signed copies of both Issues #2 and 3, and those winners were announced on December 3 2015.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, either it just came out or the comic shop just got it in, but I've just bought and read issue 3. Didn't get around to reading issue 2, but these aren't sequential anyway.

It seems to skew younger than the first issue with actual educational content in there. The first comic is a short bit about Forgetful Jones talking about liquid measurements (5 gallon hat and all that). Then, there's an attempt at getting an Elmo the Musical in there. Murray keeps popping up to add educational content and to say what tune the songs are supposed to go to. It's kinda distracting, and it's not as bold and fearless as The Muppet Show Comic Book and Fraggle Rock were at original music in a visual medium. The third comic's kinda cute. It's about Snuffy thinking his shadow is a new friend following him around, until some unnamed woman who could either be Maria or Leela (she's never named either, I assumed it was Leela) talks about how shadows move and change with the angle of the sun. And they sneak in a Red Fraggle doll as an example. And finally, Elmo gets involved an argument between Oscar and Abby. Oscar's ticked Abby's flowers are smelling up his garbage and Abby visa versa.

And it all kicks off with a "How to read comics" hosted by Count VonCount, bookended with a "How comics are made."

Very true to Sesame Street, and the artwork is absolutely wonderful. Gotta get the chance to read the second issue when I have a free moment. I still didn't read months worth of TMNT or the TMNT Batman Crossover.