Sesame Street comics coming fall 2012 from Ape Entertainment

DTWolf

Reaction score
Issue one actually was released today (Wednesday the 1st of May). The free comic will be available on Saturday, but the one you have to pay for ($3.99 US) is in comics shops now.

The one that's out today is the one with the multiple covers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll be on the look out for it this very afternoon.

Too bad I couldn't find a preview of it on comic book resources.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm triple posting, in case anyone's interested, to point something out.

There was never an issue 2 (at this point anyway), but for some asinine reason, we were treated to 2 more reprints of the first issue. One is a for sale reprint of the entire first issue with a new cover, and they've rereleased the first story as a Halloween give-a-way comic.

No issue 2, but they sure are marketing the heck out of issue 1.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, that is issue #2. And it took almost a year for it. I'm glad we're getting this, but it would be great if there was an explanation for the delay.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, I find it funny/ironic that there was a gripe about no Issue #2 posted on October 28 2013.

Why's that? Because to a toughpigs article posted today, Issue #2 will be released on October 28 2015, two whole years after that post was posted above.
The comic will be titled Sesame Street: Another Sunny Day, and there are a few leaked covers in the article.

Hope this helps, look forward to someone getting the comic and posting here about the inner contents as well. :batty: :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I should be happy, but...

Look, I really don't want to get on the case of Ape, here. Even bigger names in the game have the unfortunate comic book series announced that has one issue and then nothing for the longest time. G.I. Joe vs. Transformers from IDW seems to be on a "whenever the heck the artists feel like" basis. Delays happen for whatever reason. It's part of the comics market.

What's frustrating is, however, that they were so sure about this comic series a preview of the first issue was given away on FCBD, a second free preview was released for a Halloween promotion, and then the first issue was reprinted a couple months later. That feels like the actions of a comic book company confident enough to get a series started. And then, for whatever reason, the second issue finally gets announced for two and a half years later? Provided that's even the final date.

I cannot pretend that there wasn't something on Ape's end, and I really don't want to speculate on this or say anything negative. I mean, they're the ones that actually acquired the license and they could have done a much worse job and just made it as preschooly and cheap as possible (I'm talking to YOU, Tokyopop). Still, two and a half years...

Plus, I have to admit, I'm not sure I really want to keep collecting comics lately. I'm having an awful time with the connecting covers for the Mega Man/Sonic/Sonic Boom/Mega Man X/Sega/Capcom crossover. No, the comic itself is excellent, if a bit rushed pace (it's trying to get a massive, ambitious story in 12 weekly issues after all), but I've had such a miserable time trying to get Mega Man 51's connection cover that I'm this close to giving everything up once this story is finished. Even with IDW actually publishing Paperinik's origin story in English for the first time ever and a 4 part BTTF series overseen by Bob Gale.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The second issue has finally come out today.

Just... I didn't grab it. Mainly because I had to catch up with part two of Duck Avenger's origin last week and had to grab that, and the new Rick and Morty also was released. And while I was about to just wait a week for that one, I dunno... it really went under my skin that it took 2 and a half years for the second issue to come out. I'll get it net week, I probably won't write the review for the Mindset (don't even know if any of my last Fraggle Rock 4 part comic ones went through). I did however get to thumb through it briefly. Looks good. Even got an Abby's Flying Fairy School comic at the end.