Sesame Street Classic Episodes Vol. 2 now available for download on iTunes

DePingPong

Reaction score
I'd like to ask, how much does it cost to purchase each of Volumes 1 and 2? And would I have to pay for each episode or each season?

It's too bad there was never a Volume 3 or greater. I bet if Volume 3 would have seen the light of day, it probably would have included Seasons 2, 11 and 21, my best guess.
Each volume is about $20. You could buy the complete volume or individual episodes.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I'd probably buy one volume at a time, depending on how much money I have. I am, however, undecided on whether I shoukd purchase Volume 1 first or the other. And I am not that fussy over Season 1 myself. Maybe I should go the route of individual episodes, as there are selevt ones I would enjoy. Namely the one with Big Bird and Snuffy's daydream about disco, and all of the available episodes from Season 5. There are even a small number of Season 20 episodes that might interest me too.

I do want to ask, are film segments with Joe Raposo's music in them, included in these volumes?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'd like to ask, how much does it cost to purchase each of Volumes 1 and 2? And would I have to pay for each episode or each season?

It's too bad there was never a Volume 3 or greater. I bet if Volume 3 would have seen the light of day, it probably would have included Seasons 2, 11 and 21, my best guess.
There's two different payment choices. One is where if you want to buy certain episodes and the other one is where you buy all of the episodes in each volume for a fixed price. So first one you can buy what ever episodes you want for a fixed price and the other is buying the whole volume. Understand? I hope I made it clear.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
There's two different payment choices. One is where if you want to buy certain episodes and the other one is where you buy all of the episodes in each volume for a fixed price. So first one you can buy what ever episodes you want for a fixed price and the other is buying the whole volume. Understand? I hope I made it clear.
Yes, I understood this all along. I've dealt with package deals for quite some time, and the reality is, the full package (volume, in this case) is usually cheaper.

I learned that Episode 1186 - the Season 10 premiere - did feature most of the segments, leaving out a small number, on the Old School DVD release. But based on what OscarFan mentioned, it implies that all of the segments from the original broadcast are on there. I do recall seeing the segment with the boy struggling to carry something up ten steps on the original broadcast (and it was a Canadian broadcast of the episode that I saw when it aired in 1980), but that segment was edited out of the Old School release.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There are no edits to these episodes, so yes there are.
So you've checked all the scripts for edits? I had been curious about Kermit News: Three Little Pigs on one of these episodes, that one has the opening that, according to the wiki, was introduced in the late-1980s as opposed to the pink outlines/black and white title cards, so I wondered if the segment was replacing something. Of course episode 1186 had a Chaplin sketch with no music while Old School Vol. 2 replaces it with a version with music added, so who knows?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I have decided to purchase one of the volumes in the very near future. I have been undecided as to whether I should buy Volume 1 or Volume 2 first. I am thinking Volume 1 will be my first choice, as my interest in the show was at its prime starting in Season 10. I have less interest in the Season 1 episodes, but better quality segments are what I want, no matter what season.

Regarding the episodes offered on iTunes, I'd like to ask something. I noticed that many of the Season 25 episodes, and half of the Season 15 episodes in Volume 2, and Episode 1186 on Volume 1, apparently have later aired on HBO (albeit some edits). Do you suppose this could be a sign that someday, those iTunes episodes will later be added to the classic Sesame Street series on HBO someday (with edits, of course)?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I have decided to purchase one of the volumes in the very near future. I have been undecided as to whether I should buy Volume 1 or Volume 2 first. I am thinking Volume 1 will be my first choice, as my interest in the show was at its prime starting in Season 10. I have less interest in the Season 1 episodes, but better quality segments are what I want, no matter what season.
If there are only a few specific individual episodes you want, then those are the only ones you can worry about buying. You don't have to buy the entire volume if you don't want to.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Because buying individual episodes means multiple bank service fees. Why add so many service fees when you can use only one by buying the full volume?

And, by the way, I did purchase the first volume last night. The sevond volume will be purchased at a later date.

I got to admit, it was pretty awesome to see "The Ballad of Casey McPhee" in full, along with a better quality "Disco Snuffy" sketch, and clasic gems that haven't been seen on TV in years. The balladeer appeared to have a green exterior, implying that his likeness was shown in the foreground thanks to green screen technology.

However, I did discover a tape glitch early in the "Nancy the Nanny Goat" segment. Must be a glitch with tbe original broadcast and not so much with the segment itself.