Sesame Street Classic episodes now streaming on Netflix

PoisonBadNews

Reaction score
Check Netflix today! They added a dozen or so old (70's and 80's) episodes under "Sesame Street Classics". Granted, they misleadingly labeled everyting as "Season 1 Episodes 1-12", but I'm happy that the full episodes are there at all. I was especially blown away to see multiple Roosevelt Franklin sketches...something I never thought I'd see again outside of youtube, and I guess the Colbert Report.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to have more to come! Here's hoping!!!:smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
It looks like only Vol. 2 is available on Netflix. I don't see Vol. 1 on there anywhere. Is it there?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I believe the episodes that are streaming are a combination from volume 1 and 2 as the first episode is there, etc. At least they were last time I was watching them which was about 6 months ago now. I do hope Netflix continues to add classic episodes to their streaming content. I was so happy to see those on there.

Bridget

Reaction score
Yeah I have been watching this lately. I love the episode "Kermit Sings!"

ssetta

Reaction score
It's gone! As of today, there's no Sesame Street available on Netflix anywhere. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I absolutely hate about the streaming game. Licenses expire, entertainment companies decide they aren't getting enough money, backdoor deals with other streaming sites... there's no way to keep a continuous, consistent, and full library of shows without cooperation. I can't tell if it's Netflix or SW's fault on this one... but whatever the reason, they should have renegotiated that contract.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned on Tough Pigs that Sesame Street would be taken off yesterday. There was a forum post there a few days ago, I didn't notice it until three hours before the expiration date. I spent two hours watching select segments from all of those episodes, starting from the first classic episode on Netflix and going straight to clips not on sesamestreet.org (and which may or may not be on YouTube). Even the ones I have downloaded on iTunes (I think you can still purchase them from iTunes).

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed that while the ending PBS logo tag is not included in most of the iTunes/Netflix releases, the 1993 "PBS Kids" tag does appear after most of the season 25 episodes.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Glad i was able to watch them before they took them down. Makes me made\ that others can't watch them or that i can't go back and watch them. But maybe down the road they'll put them back up or even add other shows.