Sesame Street CD Boxed Set Track List

CookieFan

Reaction score
Too bad they can't release a DVD of these tracks to go along with the CD set!

I'm just happy to finally have a REAL copy of "Furry Happy Monsters"!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Phil, if you could, please post a textual description of what the cover art for the 3-disc CD set looks like. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, Count!

I'll try to help out here.

It's square, obviously--like me! There's a rectangle in the center with smaller squares in it with different photos in those squares. The SS light-pole/sign sticks out of the top of the rectangle. Photos that I can see within the rectangle are Big Bird, Bert&Ernie, Oscar, Cookie Monster, then 8 other squres with James Taylor, Ray Charles, Tony Bennett and others that I can't quite make out who they are.

Can anybody else help with this?

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I LOVE the Steven Tyler "I love Trash"

I'm pretty dissappointed and excited by this set.

I'm so glad some of them finally get to be on Cd, but some like Destiny's Child's New Way to walk (what is wrong with the Oinker Sisters) and th Dixie Chicks (If you want a cover of Sing, at least get the Nathan Lane version w/ Oinker sister back up singers)

Here's the songs that should hav been replaced, in my opinion

Kiko And The Lavendar Moon (Elmo And The Lavender Moon) - Los Lobos
Sweet In The Mornin' (Tweet InThe Mornin') - Bobby McFerrin/The Birds
Small People - Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers/Prairie Dawn/Big Bird
From Your Head - Diane Schuur/Elmo
I Don't Want To Live On The Moon - Aaron Neville/Ernie (I'd prefer the non-girl voiced version!)
Two Princes - Spin Doctors/Zoe/Elmo/Telly
Mambo I, I, I - Gloria Estefan
Hold My Hand - Hootie & The Blowfish/Elmo/The Kids
I'm Talkin' Love - Trisha Yearwood/Herry Monster (at least I like Herry... It's in the Maybe pile)
Happy To Meet You - Celine Dion/Henry Monster/Elmo/Big Bird (again, I like Herry, but bad song, bad singer)
Believe In Yourself - *Nsync
New Way To Walk, A - Destiny's Child/Elmo/Grove/Zoe
Elmo's Song - Elmo/Big Bird/Snuffleupagus
Slide (Pride) - Goo Goo Dolls/Elmo
Sing - Dixie Chicks
. Everybody Be Yoself - Keb'Mo'/The Kids

Especially Mambo Oy Oy Oy, Pride, and Two Princesses. I'm glad and thrilled that "I gonna soak up the sun" didn't make the cut, but we have about a whole disk of stinkers by flash in the pan musicians (Goo Goo Dolls and Hootie and the Blowfish? Come on!)

I may, maynot get this, especially at 50 bucks....

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
not so sure about this cd, id much rather get my hands on some of those short, sweet little songs that were usually accompanied by the 'cartoony' clips... you remember, lower case n, capital i. the celeb appearances were never the best part of the show for me... :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Jellyman. I have been through all portions of Oz, but in which country was Canberra??

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
What is everyone's top five songs you are looking forward to most from the track list above? List your five favorites below.
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I posted but I sure am excited about this new release...that is, the first disc and half the 2nd disc. Honestly, I really won't listen to the 3rd disc all too much. But I am glad that they're releasing as many classic tracks as they are. I'm hoping that many of them (particularly "What's the Name of That Song" are taken from live television performances rather than the studio recordings.

Anyway, as Phil asked, here are the five favorites I am excited about.

1. King of 8 - one of my favorite early animation pieces

2. Everybody Sleeps - I love this song; the melody is beautiful Joe's vocal is lilting and it's one that I used to love when I was watching the show growing up in the 70's...in fact, one of my first posts to Muppet Central was regarding that song.

3. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Charming version with that little girl improvising new lyrics for the song "Dance, dance, dance...you can dance with me." Great choice.

4. Sing After Me/How Do You Do - I have these cuts transferred from an LP but it's nice to see them officially released...hopefully they'll be able to get rid of them high pitched hum that's in the background.

5. 1 2 3 Sesame Street - This killed me when I first heard it...it really grooves and it's pure vintage 70's SS. Gotta dig it.

What would I have liked to see (if anyone cares, that is)...

1. More Joe Raposo! From my understanding his heirs make it difficult financially for SS to use his vintage recordings of his songs and so I'm glad to get something but still...I would have loved to hear a pure, pristine recording of his version of "Somebody Come and Play", "Reach, Touch, Feel" or anything else for that matter. That's a whole disc right there.

2. More of the vintage animated inserts songs - someone mentioned this earlier and I concur. I would love to hear "Lower Case N", "Capital I", "B is for Bubble", "Danny, Dear" or "(That's About) the Size of It".

3. Less Trendy and more vintage - The 3rd disc is just too trendy for me to really get into it...particularly because of the artists. Compare Paul Simon and Stevie Wonder's longevity to that of INSYNC or Destiny's Child. Musically and artistically, it just doesn't have has much lasting value to my ears and I would have preferred that the producers to jump so deep into the last 5 years of the show's history for the entirety of the last disc. Could more room have been made for truly more interesting songs than the Goo Goo Dolls? I would have preferred "A Song From Kermit" or "Where I Have to Be" or even "The Word Family Song" over any of these tracks.

Honestly, when it comes right down to it...it's easy to be disappointed and one has to remember it's a rare thing that we're seeing this kind of release anyway. I guess I'm not as excited about this as I would have been since I already have audio copies of most of the vintage tracks take from the Unpaved episodes. Perhaps this will make room for a more decade oriented release in the near future if it sells well. I doubt it, but one can hope.

that's about the size of it,

scott

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
thats weird ol' buddy, i just heard "the size of it" on muppet radio last night..its one of those songs i had forgot existed, being that i hadnt heard it in soo long. it was nice though..
:sing:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
oops, forgot..hiya fozzie bear! im actually living on the east coast of australia, not the merry old land of Oz (although sometimes im there in my head...*chuckles*), hope we's talking about the same place..
:wink: