Sesame Street Catalog albums

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A handful of new Sesame Street albums have been released, under a label called Sesame Street Catalog. When I first heard about them on the wiki, I assumed they were download-only, but it seems they are also available on CD, which makes me surprised that I didn't know about them before the release (most of them were released on September 21, and there's going to be a Christmas album on October 5).

So far, the releases are E is for Elmo!, G is for Grover!, C is for Cookie!, N is for Numbers!, and F is for Fun!, as well as a Spanish-themed album that I forget the title of. Unfortunately, they all only have tracks that have already been released on album tracks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't know about these until a couple days ago, seeing the pages on Muppet Wiki. At first I thought they were only digital releases, but then I saw that they are available on CD as well. If it's on physical media, even if the compilations don't have anything that hasn't been on an album before, I would have expected to know at least a month before the releases, not a couple weeks after. Then again, I often don't know about/ keep up with upcoming Sesame Street toys or books (well, ones not aimed at collectors) until after they've been released, even if the wiki has info on them in advance.

With it being so many years since the last new physical Sesame Street albums, it is a shame that these couldn't at least include some songs that debuted after the last physical releases came out. There's plenty of newer Elmo songs that could have been included (Elmo's Ducks, various songs from Elmo the Musical!, several celebrity duets that they may or may not have issues with), G is for Grover! could have included Special!, C is for Cookie! could have included The First Time Me Eat Cookie, A Cookie is a Sometimes Food (though that's more a Hoots the Owl song), or Me Am What Me Am, and they could have included some Abby Cadabby songs. There's also plenty of great unreleased songs from the classic years (both well-known and obscure) that could have been released.

I did look for these on iTunes and am actually surprised to see that they're not there (though I did find a pre-order for the upcoming It's Christmas Time!).