Sesame Street Canceled Figures Interview

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I get where you are coming from. Thankfully on a Kickstarter project I would never have to make a final decision like that. Just present the project. If it doesn't get funded, it means that people don't want it. If the people want something else, I'd find out by general consensus. One of the beauties of that system I suppose.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you do decide to begin a Kickstarter project to get Sesame figures made, I'd be interested as I owe a lot of my current standing here to when the original Muppets line got underway back in 2002.

TeacherOMadness

Reaction score
Very nice article. I would have loved those. I collected the first few lines, but the last few lines almost nobody around me carried, and those that did sold out of the non-variants very quickly. It's why I still have no Lips or Pops or Robin or Rowlf.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What I found interesting is that the second wave was originally supposed to be Bert, the Count, Yip-Yip Martians and Roosevelt Franklin (carrying on with the 2 core, 2 obscure character trend), but this interview and other accounts later had the latter 2 being replaced by Elmo and normal Grover. Maybe they anticipated this line's lifespan not being as fortunate as The Muppets, which is sad, because Sesame Street has a lot of great obscure characters, arguably more than "The Muppets", so they were probably just planning a few series of the most popular characters.

Sometimes I think this line had way more potential than the Muppet line, which is borderline blasphemy, but they're about equal.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You know what I would like to know, what accessories would come with characters like Grover, Alice, & others, also what variants like Waiter Grover, Bath Ernie, etc, would be regular figs or exclusives?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You know what I would like to know, what accessories would come with characters like Grover, Alice, & others, also what variants like Waiter Grover, Bath Ernie, etc, would be regular figs or exclusives?
I don't think they ever got that far into planning. The only way to know for sure would be if Ken visited again, and then he would probably just be speculating. Train conductor Cookie Monster. :insatiable:

Alice? Snuffleupagus?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Alright, here were the tentative waves 1-5 for the Palisades SS line (I have never heard waves 3-5 or the exclusives ever discussed anywhere before). This is straight from the horse's mouth from a former Palisades employee, and a special thanks to @muppetspot2 for finding this info.

This was the tentative lineup. It would have changed a bit over time, but this was the plan at the time:

2005 Palisades Tour Figure
SuperGrover

Series 1
Ernie
Oscar the Grouch
Two-Headed Monster
Guy Smiley
Repaint: Orange Oscar
Exclusive: Bedtime Bert

Series 2
Bert
Count von Count
Roosevelt Franklin
Yip Yip Martians
Repaint: Yip Yip Martians
Exclusive: Bedtime Ernie
Boxed Figure: Big Bird w/ Little Bird

2005 Con Figures and Incentives
Anything Muppet Play Pack
Gladys the Cow
Steppin' Out Bert and Ernie

2006 Sesame Street Releases

Series 3
Cookie Monster
Elmo
Sherlock Hemlock
Amazing Mumford
Repaint: Sherlock Hemlock
Exclusive: Waiter Grover

Series 4
Zoe
Telly
Prairie Dawn
Fat Blue
Repaint: Betty Lou (Prairie Variant)
Exclusive: Bathtime Ernie
Boxed Figure: Snuffle-upagus

Series 5
Grover
Rosita
Herry Monster
Alice Snuffle-upagus
Repaint: TBD
Exclusive: Bathtime Bert

2006 Con Figures and Incentives
Honker/Dinger
Grungetta

...I'm off to go cry now.
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/...&t=12123&sid=f272bcdb37d934bf5f164a8e6428cfd8

Please do not delete this post until you can link me to anywhere this was discussed on the forum before. This is a pretty big find for Muppet fans, and I'm sick of my posts getting deleted for no reason.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Plus I think should mention Palisades was planning doing a bedtime/pajamas theme with the Sesame Street characters.