Sesame Street Anounces Layoffs

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I saw the news on TV tonight. Very sad news indeed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It is a shame, but I can't blame SW. They're not even a company, rather an organizaion, so they don't have much money to start with.

Kiki

Reaction score
Bummer. :frown: That /is/ sad. What a major let-down...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So what does this exactly mean? :confused:
We probably won't notice any changes. It seems they're just cutting internal staff and remaining employees will have to take on more responsibilities. I'm sure they will still produce full seasons of quality shows and churn out Elmo and Abby DVDs and products to make some money for SW. However, it could possibly hamper items like Old School DVD sets for a while (until the economy improves) as they are a lesser-selling specialty item. Beyond that, Big Bird, Oscar, Grover and Elmo are all safe on the street.

zns

Reaction score
We probably won't notice any changes. It seems they're just cutting internal staff and remaining employees will have to take on more responsibilities. I'm sure they will still produce full seasons of quality shows and churn out Elmo and Abby DVDs and products to make some money for SW. However, it could possibly hamper items like Old School DVD sets for a while (until the economy improves) as they are a lesser-selling specialty item. Beyond that, Big Bird, Oscar, Grover and Elmo are all safe on the street.
Well they are starting to say that the economy is looking up a little bit now in the last few days or so. We just have to stay as optimistic as possible. That's the kind of attitude that we usually see in the Muppets. Heck if it weren'r for fans like us, Sesame Street and the Muppets still wouldn't be going as strong as it is now. But then again, that's just my opinion. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I definitely pray for those people and everyone else who's having to job hunt right now, under enormous competiton. Keep your chin up!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well they are starting to say that the economy is looking up a little bit now in the last few days or so. We just have to stay as optimistic as possible. That's the kind of attitude that we usually see in the Muppets. Heck if it weren'r for fans like us, Sesame Street and the Muppets still wouldn't be going as strong as it is now. But then again, that's just my opinion. :wink:
I agree with you too. Keep up the optimistic everyone. And yes it is sad to see lots of people having to job hunt after being let off by big companies.