Sesame music I've heard elsewhere

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone who watched The Eletric Company might rememeber. a skit where the kids were sort of doing a vaudvile type of routine where 1 would come along and and ask for example, where are you going? and the other person said i'm taking my case to court meaning, a suitcase. and in each one they'd play the music you often heard and the end of many SS muppet skits. wich really wasn't all that strange considering both shows were produced by what was then the CTW and Joe Raposo was the music director for both shows. but if you rememebr the film about the blind woman with the guide dog named Murphy and the young girl comming up to talk to her, i rememebr hearing the music that went along the film in some commercial from the 80s wich i can't remember what is was about. also that SS cartoon with the blue and green man rowing a boat and fighting over witch direction to go, if you also rememebr the series Big Blue Marble witch wasn't a PBS series, meaning it wasn't distributed by PBS itself, i do belief some PBS staions carried it. WTTW Chicago did and there was 1 episode and i wouldn't rememeber what that episodei was about, it showed a kid out on sea and they played the music that was used in the SS cartoon i mentioned.

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, the thing is, a lot of that music that's used in films does not actually belong to Sesame Street. They get it from some library of music that can be used anywhere. Many old films were like this, even to this day.

rjschex

Reaction score
There is a piece of "Sesame Street" music I remember being used elsewhere:

During the first season of "3-2-1 Contact", one one episode (the one about the hurricane), Lisa and Trini (I'm pretty sure it was those two) were disco-dancing to the instrumental opening of "Disco Frog".